The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I've joined the club!

bensonga

Here's one done with the 503CW-CFV-II and a Zeiss 100/3.5 ... colorlicious!
I just ordered a Hasselblad Zeiss CFi 100/3.5 lens today from KEH (EX+) and my 503CWD-II is supposed to arrive here tomorrow....then the fun begins! :)

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

P.S. After 10 days of sun and 70-85 degree weather in WA/OR and 1500 miles of motorcycling on great rural roads....it was sure hard to come back. Pic of my wife Kathleen with our bikes at Crater Lake.

Last edited:

bensonga

Nice bikes... but this is more to my liking...
Quite a ride David! Not my riding style, but I can still appreciate the work that went into building a chopper like that....what is it, anyways? :confused:

On the trip we just finished, with mile after mile of winding mountain and country roads, the bikes we used suits me better. I generally like a lighter and sportier bike....but on which I can still carry my luggage and gear for an extended road trip. I guess that's why I lean towards the sport touring or adventure touring type of motorcycles for most of my riding.

As the saying goes...different strokes for different folks. :thumbup:

Gary

David K

Workshop Member
Jack, that bike belongs to a friend of mine. Beautiful for sure, but tough to ride... it's a half-mile long and very, very low. That rear tire doesn't make it any easier either. Here's a couple of mine... much tamer but still a lot of fun.

David K

Workshop Member
Gary,
My buddy's bike is custom. My blue one is a Big Dog K9, the maroon and gray is an American Ironhorse Slammer. Also have a Harley Road King with a windshield and saddlebags which is like driving a Caddy compared to these. The choppers are what we call "bar hoppers", mostly for riding around town and when you want to make a bit of an impression :) For highway driving (which I try to avoid with these Florida drivers) it's the Harley every time. I envy you those road trips, they bring back fond memories. BTW, notice the passenger pad for my wife on the back of the Big Dog... in the old days they rode the fender :)

etrigan63

Heh, I may end up getting one of these to go cross country with my wife.

On second thought, maybe I'll get this one

Last edited:

David K

Workshop Member
Someone out there must want one of these I'm sure... MV Agusta F4CC. Only 100 made, 4 cylinders, 200 HP, top speed limited at 195. Pick one up at your local Harley dealers for a mere $120k... seems Harley is convinced as they announced they're buying the company for $109 million. Not sure the math makes sense to me but hey, it makes my Sinar back look cheap.

bensonga

Someone out there must want one of these I'm sure... MV Agusta F4CC. Only 100 made, 4 cylinders, 200 HP, top speed limited at 195. Pick one up at your local Harley dealers for a mere $120k... seems Harley is convinced as they announced they're buying the company for $109 million. Not sure the math makes sense to me but hey, it makes my Sinar back look cheap.

I know my friend with an original F4S (750cc model) would love to have one of these....but like most of us, it's way outside his price range. If I was in the market for a somewhat exclusive sportbike (for a mere $25k) I'd rather have one of these. It's certainly not as beautiful as the MV.....nobody can compete with the Italians in the styling department.

Gary

Last edited:

robmac

As a former Duacti nut, always lusted after MVs. As for Harley buying MV - I can just imagine the indignation (furor?) taking place in the various Italian bike cafes/forums.

The HP2 Sport looks nice. Loved my GS1150 and 1100 Sport, but never really trusted the new fly-by-wire (can't recall name) digital bus system of the new breed of Boxers. Never felt that electronic complexity and 'adventure bike' (or sport version thereof) should be uttered in the same sentence.

Gary - looking fwd with envy to your initial thoughts on the CWDII

Ben Tanner

Workshop Member
After three Harley's and three BMW's I have ended up with (for now) the bikes that were the most eye catching when I was in High School, Triumph. 2005 Thruxton and a 77 Bonneville that I just rebuilt. Ben

robmac

Ben - nice, very nice. REALLY like the look of the Thruxton (always been partial to cafe racers). Wife and I now ride modified KTM 640 Adventures and 2-stroke KTM 300-XCWs after years of (too many) Ducatis, BMWs and KTMs (640s and 950s).