Site Sponsors

Thread: Leaf AFi7 Help

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Leaf AFi7 Help

This is my first post here on the medium format forum.

I am playing around with a Leaf AFi7. While perusing the menu under "camera", then "image", there are several image settings that one can select from.

My question pertains to: Develop Curve and Sharpness. There are quite a few choices under either settings yet, I do not see discussion about on this in the manual. I also did a search on the internet and have come up with nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gerry

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Leaf AFi7 Help

Quote Originally Posted by frontosa View Post
    This is my first post here on the medium format forum.

I am playing around with a Leaf AFi7. While perusing the menu under "camera", then "image", there are several image settings that one can select from.

My question pertains to: Develop Curve and Sharpness. There are quite a few choices under either settings yet, I do not see discussion about on this in the manual. I also did a search on the internet and have come up with nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gerry
    Hi Gerry,

These Image settings on the back are basically tags that can be read by Leaf Capture;
    If you choose e.g. "Portrait Open" as a curve and "Group" as for Sharpness, when you open the files in Leaf Capture these are the settings that they will use as defaults.
    The philosophy behind this is that 1 minute spent in the field can save a lot of time in post. Of course there are no strict rules here and since the files are RAW you can change any of these parameters as you like

You can read more about the various Image settings in the attached User Guide

If you are a Capture One user you should know that Capture One can only read the develop Curve and the ICC Profile (Color Look) tags, in addition to WB which is obvious

Hope this helps

Yair
    Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One | Mamiya Leaf
    e: [email protected] | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 | yaya's blog

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Leaf AFi7 Help

Thank you, Yair.

Gerry