The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What do you think about the Cambo X2 Pro camera?

haring

What do you think about the Cambo X2 Pro camera? Is it good? Have you ever used it?
I would like to use it with my existing Canon 5D and Phase One AFD with a (future) digital back. Do you think it is a good idea? I am not concerned about the 5D but worried that this system is not really designed for MF cameras like the Mamiya AFD 645/Phase One 645.
I would like to use it for product and some architectural photography…What do you think?
Thanks a lot!

Professional

Hi,

It seems you are so looking for about shooting products and architecture so you need that kind of movements.

I am also looking for the right tools i can have to do products i studio and architecture, and the worst i found is that i have to have loads of money to get the right tool, i may use my Canon DSLRs for products but i was looking to use MF for that, i can buy a T/S lens and do lots of products shots, but i was thinking to use MF, and the only thing i ended up is to have something to give me the movements, one options for my Hasselblad is to buy that HTS adapter, another option to find a lens that do TS, last option is to use tech camera maybe, but if i will buy a tech camera then i am worry that i have to do some tricks to use my H4 on it, otherwise i have to buy another digital back, i may not have more budget to get a tech camera so how can i get a DB which is 80% of the expensive, so i am trying here and there on many websites to find cheaper ways to have movements with MF, i really like the idea of using HTS, but it is not that great reviews i heard due to optical lose using it for aperture and focal length, and i have 120 Macro lens which is not compatible with it, so it is like i have automatically buy another lens if i get HTS.

Professional

I wish if Shen Hao had made an adapter where i can use my MF on their LF camera, i bought an adapter that i can use my Canon DSLR [only small bodies] on it and it turned my 150mm Rodenstock lens to a dedicated macro lens, the result where incredible sharp and amazing, but too bad i have my 5D internal mirror slipped off [for second time and i am not willing to fix it again], and my old small bodies i don't want to use, i may try with my family 500D as it has a live view, i need a live view in this case for must, and too bad that this adapter don't allow me to use 1-series cameras i have on it due to a knob on the corner of this adapter which preventing to mount any bigger body even 5D with grip.