Site Sponsors

Thread: phocus and white balance

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

phocus and white balance

using my H39 back, set to daylight, and shooting in daylight, i find all my shots come in way off. I can sometimes pick a neutral spot to balance in Phocus or just visually tweak it in, but would like to know why it is so off to begin with. I have Phocus also set to daylight. I realize i can take a shot with a test card, set a custom wb, etc.

before tweaking, temp comes in at 5300, tint at 10. i have to set temp down to as much as 4300 adn tint to -20 or more.

thx

Post Thanks / Like

Re: phocus and white balance

Jim are you applying a setup as the images come in?

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

no, standard is the setting when importing, that was the first thing i looked for as well

Post Thanks / Like

Seems odd Jim, the three backs I have here all produce a pretty decent daylight looks using that pre-set. It might pay to modify a couple of images to "Standard" just to be sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    using my H39 back, set to daylight, and shooting in daylight, i find all my shots come in way off. I can sometimes pick a neutral spot to balance in Phocus or just visually tweak it in, but would like to know why it is so off to begin with. I have Phocus also set to daylight. I realize i can take a shot with a test card, set a custom wb, etc.

before tweaking, temp comes in at 5300, tint at 10. i have to set temp down to as much as 4300 adn tint to -20 or more.

thx
    This was a "known" issue with the original H3D-39s. All of the files had a distinct red cast. I had Hasselblad send my H3D-39 back to Denmark on warranty to be calibrated. It worked fine after that. My understanding is that the H3DII-39 and later cameras all came from the factory properly calibrated.