Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: P65+ info up.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: P65+ info up.

Quote Originally Posted by LJL View Post
    Ray,
    You have a great set-up to cover most needs. The P30+ will handle the lower light and focal plane needs for shooting, and your H3DII-39 can manage anything you may run into needing more res or higher flash syncs. Not sure what else you could need.
    LJ

I know, and am actually really happy in most respects with my two systems and how they address the different uses.

Best,

Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I agree- and have said this a few times now - they can all stick their ever larger megapixel count and ever smaller pixel sizes where the sun doesnt shine..because that is all they are good for..

I would love to see some DSLR technology in the bodies too. However I have one question - my H3D11-39 has a very bright viewfinder - much better than aanything from Canon Nikon or Leica..dont know why you think that it needs improvement.

I thought I was going to go Phase P25+ for my second back - but I am weighing it up against the Hasselblad system you mention Woody. So I am now doing my own homework comparing the sensors -I want what I call FAT BOY pixels more than lots of skinnyboy megapixels.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    However I have one question - my H3D11-39 has a very bright viewfinder - much better than aanything from Canon Nikon or Leica..dont know why you think that it needs improvement.
    Peter,

I 100% agree with you on the Hassy finder. That comment was actually directed against my Mamiya AFDII loaner body, which is not even close to the brightness and clarity of the H3DII camera.

Best,

Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    LOLOL! But one also needs to know what that diagonal signifies Many may not be aware it is how the "normal" focal length for any given format is determined. Ironic perhapas too that I just this morning put together an Excel spreadsheet that did all the calcs for me. I was actually a bit surprised at how little additional diagonal there was to the bigger frame -- just a skosh, about a 10% reduction in effective overall focal length...

Jack you could saved a bunch of time. Doug did one of these a while ago and just updated it for the new P65+ sensor. You plug a focal length in the field you would like to use an a reference ie: 14mm under the 35mm column and it will populate all the popular film and ccd formats with the corresponding focal length.

http://www.captureintegration.com/wp...calculator.xls

Lance Schad
    Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
    Direct: 305-534-5701 x1 | Cell: 305-394-3196
    Capture Integration
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All,

I am a tourist in this forum, usually found loitering in the M forum but saw this thread and was quite stunned at the specs this back.

Out of interest, are the lenses able to resolve enough to take full advantage of this sensor? What sort of level can this reach do you think?