The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV 50

danlindberg

First of all, sorry if anyone thinks I am posting too many questions....:eek: but the information base is great here and I am about to choose a serious setup and do not want to make silly misstakes!

If my budget was unlimited, then IQ80 would be a certain choice. However, money is a factor and I am trying to maximize image quality vs cost. The CFV 50 seems to be the best offering in terms of value for money.

Body and lenses - I am leaning towards a Linhof Techno with Dig 28XL, Dig 47XL and Dig 90N.

Would you say this looks like a good, solid setup?
What are the downsides? Compability issues? Other aspects I should think of? For instance, the 90N was a suggestion from the supplier, I cannot find any user opinions of that lens, anyone that has tried it?

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
For instance, the 90N was a suggestion from the supplier, I cannot find any user opinions of that lens, anyone that has tried it?

Try CMB here at GETDPI.

This photo was with 90 on Alpa P20:

Very sharp great OOF content.

Bob

danlindberg

thanks for the sample with a 90! Looks good...

Sure, an Aptus 12 would be great, however it is more than twice the price of a CFV 50 here in Sweden.

It would be fantastic if anyone has used/is using a CFV 50 with a tech camera that could shed some light on pros and cons. Especially if there are problems with lots of movements (I cannot find if it has microlenses?) or other issues.