The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya AF 35mm different versions available?

F

FabianB

Hello forum friends,
As of today I'm the lucky owner of a Mamiya ZD. I'm thinking of buying the 35mm lens but am confused about the naming. Are there several versions of this lens?.
I found the Mamiya AF 3,5/35 and the Mamiya AF 3,5/35 D. Is the D version a different, newer version of the lens?

Thanks!

Fabian

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The D is the latest version of the lens. I have one and very nice. Price is around 2k for it, there is a older version as well but there is sample variance so you want to be careful if you buy like from KEH or something make sure you can return as well. I had 3 older versions and they where okay, the new one is very good and i am settled in on it. For the latest version check with our sponsor dealers in the banners . Either one can get you the latest version.

F

FabianB

Hello Guy, thanks for your fast reply. I thought it must be something along these lines but wasn't quite sure. The information on the Mamiya web sites is very limited.;)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yea I know just been looking for more data on the new 35mm lens for ya. I know it's the same optical design but they reworked the elements from what I understand for digital. Still looking