Site Sponsors

Thread: Mamiya AF 35mm different versions available?

FabianB

Mamiya AF 35mm different versions available?

Hello forum friends,
    As of today I'm the lucky owner of a Mamiya ZD. I'm thinking of buying the 35mm lens but am confused about the naming. Are there several versions of this lens?.
    I found the Mamiya AF 3,5/35 and the Mamiya AF 3,5/35 D. Is the D version a different, newer version of the lens?

Thanks!

Fabian

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Mamiya AF 35mm different versions available?

The D is the latest version of the lens. I have one and very nice. Price is around 2k for it, there is a older version as well but there is sample variance so you want to be careful if you buy like from KEH or something make sure you can return as well. I had 3 older versions and they where okay, the new one is very good and i am settled in on it. For the latest version check with our sponsor dealers in the banners . Either one can get you the latest version.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

FabianB

Hello Guy, thanks for your fast reply. I thought it must be something along these lines but wasn't quite sure. The information on the Mamiya web sites is very limited.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yea I know just been looking for more data on the new 35mm lens for ya. I know it's the same optical design but they reworked the elements from what I understand for digital. Still looking
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Here's some info I received in reply to a similar thread I started over at LL:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/fo...?topic=53759.0