The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

mamiya 645 afd mirror lock-up

S

sonya

hi everyone,

a very quick question - will mirror lock-up work on the original mamiya 645 afd with a p+ back attached?

i know that the 645 afd has a mirror lock-up button but have read conflicting reports about whether or not it works with a digital back.

thanks very much.

woodyspedden

hi everyone,

a very quick question - will mirror lock-up work on the original mamiya 645 afd with a p+ back attached?

i know that the 645 afd has a mirror lock-up button but have read conflicting reports about whether or not it works with a digital back.

thanks very much.
I am going to provide a non-experiential answer as I have never owned a 645 AFD. I can't imagine why the mirror lock up function would care whether a film back or a digital back was attached. The process of MUP is a mechanical one and should care less about the sensor/film.

As I said, I have never use the camera so take what I say with a grain of salt..

woody

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I used to use the original AFD with a Kodak back years ago. Unlike the current versions that have an electronic mirror lockup control, the original AFD had a mechanical control on the side. It worked fine with the Kodak 645M so I'd be surprised if it was any different with other backs.

There may be other compatibility issues between a P+ back & the firmware in an AFD (or updated AF for digital) vs AFD II/III/645AF/645DF though.

S

sonya

thanks woody and graham for your responses. i have played it safe and bought a 645 afd ii.

sonya