Site Sponsors

Thread: Lars van de Goor

Post Thanks / Like

Lars van de Goor

Landscapes --- Impressive. Fascinating. Inspiring.

Nominated as a finalist in the 2010 Hasselblad Master Awards.

(bought his first camera in 2007)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sliAMQ4DHsI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXZ3u_5h8bg

http://larsvandegoor.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lars van de Goor

Wow. Wonderful stuff. Thanks for sharing this Anders.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Anders, stunning images. Truly, he knows where to place his camera and when to press the shutter. He has a very ingenious homepage as well: the print appearing above the couch is really creative as is the gallery link.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing stuff thanks for sharing

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tsjanik View Post
    Thanks Anders, stunning images. Truly, he knows where to place his camera and when to press the shutter. He has a very ingenious homepage as well: the print appearing above the couch is really creative as is the gallery link.

Tom
    I agree with Tom in his ingenuity, in placing/presenting his compositions in a framed print above a couch. His images are certainly impressive and the painterly presentations suits them well....lovely!

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like

Inspirational stuff, makes me itch to get out there!

And while browsing his site I realised I had seen one of the images before, just this morning, and realised he is on RedBubble, as I am. So I can add him to my watchlist. Thanks for the links.
    Odille

H2 | P20 | HC 50-110 | HC 150 f3.2 | HC 210 f4 ~ My Website

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting stuff, yes.

My assumption was that nominated finalist for the Hasselblad master award meant he used a Hassy MF. Pardon for incorrect posting in thus subforum. Per 'photo info' under gallery on his website it appears the photos were captured using a Canon 5D MkII and a Panasonic DMC-FZ50.

Regardless, what I do find inspitational is not only his processing of the images, but that his eye in doing so enabled to render the light and appearance of the light and light rays in many images as believable. His technique seems that of a painter in that aspect. Thus I believe in part this is why many images come across as paintery.

What seem evident per looking through his gallery is that his focus is using certain technique to create the appearance of light (rays), and that is what makes it appear as an effect because it is repeated in many images and thus not seem like could be made through natural light. It is also in many images rather exaggerated, thus making it dubvious that it would enable to capture in so many repeat images in forest etc.

Very impressive work. However I believe much of it is on processing side.

Regards
    Anders

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Anders_HK View Post
    Interesting stuff, yes.

..Regardless, what I do find inspitational is not only his processing of the images, but that his eye in doing so enabled to render the light and appearance of the light and light rays in many images as believable. His technique seems that of a painter in that aspect. Thus I believe in part this is why many images come across as paintery.

What seem evident per looking through his gallery is that his focus is using certain technique to create the appearance of light (rays), and that is what makes it appear as an effect because it is repeated in many images and thus not seem like could be made through natural light. It is also in many images rather exaggerated, thus making it dubvious that it would enable to capture in so many repeat images in forest etc.

Very impressive work. However I believe much of it is on processing side.

Regards
    Anders
    Anders:

I came to the same conclusion and it prompted me to do a Google search for "God beams photoshop". There are a number of techniques to produce the effect. As impressive as most of his images are, I found a certain monotony in the You Tube video. He is very good at what he does, but is somewhat limited.

Tom

Miel-g

Hi i am Milan van de Goor, his son.
    You're not the first who doubt the rays are natural. I just read your discussion and i happen to know the rays in his images are always real. The only editing is done on the coloring.

Here is a link with the original photo and the one with the color editing.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/larsvan...in/photostream

Regards
    Milan

Post Thanks / Like

What difference does it make if the rays are natural or not?