The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Finally found a good way to carry my MF kit

Graham Mitchell

Ok, so it's a little different from the average backpack :ROTFL:

Seriously, this is very useful for moving gear around a location. Recommended.

BJNY

I like it, Graham.
What is the brand and model number?
Does it fit easily into the trunk of a car (when collapsed?)
Thanks,
Billy

Graham Mitchell

Billy, it's larger than it might appear in the photo. It won't fit sideways in the back of compact cars, but larger cars like wagons/estates or larger 4WDs could fit it longways. If I'm shooting close to home I just walk through the streets with it and don't use a car at all :)

Sorry, there's no brand that I can see.

LJL

Graham,
This does look a bit more practical for locations where you have a fairly good surface to roll over. I like the bigger pneumatic tires, versus the rollerblade wheels as are used on many smaller cases, though they are very good for those devices.

This sort of harkened to a long thread on LL that started out with the "needs" for location shooters. There was a description of the "cart of rocks" for the tethered tech one may need. Your cart of goodies shows that there may be just as much stuff to haul around for set-up. Really not that different from any DSLR stuff either, as the majority of things in your cart are lighting related, for the most part. (My portable studio stuff is just as bulky, even with all the camera stuff fitting into one smaller roller bag also.)

This looks great for open/street locations, or places with lifts, if indoors.

David,
I looked at those Wheeleez things in your link before also, and can see their utility on the beach and in some other softer terrane settings, but Graham's cart looks more practical for firmer surfaces for sure. Guess some folks really may need both kinds at times....just what we love....more stuff to accumulate ;-)

LJ

David K

Workshop Member
LJ,
Wheeleez sells the wheels separately. If I can find something like Graham's cart and modify it easily it would be the best of both worlds for me.

woodyspedden

Someone was kind enough to point me to this link for a short while ago... Great for the beach with those big wheels...
http://www.wheeleez.com/beachcart-folding.php#photos
David

I used one of these for years to carry all of our picnic gear, wine etc as we went to see the Chicago Symphony Orch in concert at Ravinia, their summer home. To say the least the wheelie was not treated tenderly as half the time my 6 year old daughter would be riding on top of the gear!

This could work wonders for the MF stuff I believe and the low pressure wheels will go easily over bumps, rocks etc that the higher pressure tires would have problems with.

Woody

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah,
I see videos of these things at thanksgiving and other family get-togethers.
They have been developing nicely over the years.
These, are VERY pricy. It helps if you are a government to afford one.
-bob

LJL

I am still waiting for the delivery of my big dog. :rolleyes:
Now that is about the coolest "star wars" device yet!! Really pretty amazing, and it can carry quite a load.

Wonder what clients would think when it saunters up to the shoot....looking for a fire hydrant :ROTFL:

Seriously, that is very cool.

LJ

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Graham

Thank you very much for that lovely image .:ROTFL:
It turns out some sunshine into my rainy sunday .
And . . . . there is even space enough for a little consumer digicam . Great

Jürgen

PSon

Graham, I like those big air inflated wheels to absorb the road vibration but would have love to see you upgrade or at least add the shocking system to absorb the bigger bumps.

-Son