The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lens shade / kompendium for Schneider 28mm?

cly

Do you have any lens shade recommendations for the Schneider 5.6/28mm (on an Arca RM3d)? I like the Sinar kompendium mask (especially as it allows for a 'non-symmetric' use which you don't get with a standard bellows-like kompendium) but to the best of my knowledge there is no adapter ring for the Schneider 28mm.

Chris

Christopher

why not? I mean as far as I know Sinar should have all lens diameters. I don't like it that much, especially because the weight is on the lens and I really would prefer 4 doors instead of two slide ins. I currently use the Arca bellow approach works quite good for me. However I don't have the 28.

cly

why not? I mean as far as I know Sinar should have all lens diameters. [..] I currently use the Arca bellow approach works quite good for me. However I don't have the 28.
For the ArTec, Sinar offers only a limited range of lenses - this might explain why they don't offer/list many ring diameters (on their web page).

How is the Arca bellows approach with lens movements?

Chris

stephengilbert

S.K. Grimes make a slip on adapter that fits over the outside of the lens barrel. http://www.skgrimes.com/slipon/index.htm (Note: their photos show a brass version, but they currently make them in a black anodized finish.)

These are custom made parts: you provide the outside diameter of the lens barrel, and the size threads you want at the front.