Site Sponsors

Thread: Lens shade / kompendium for Schneider 28mm?

Post Thanks / Like

Lens shade / kompendium for Schneider 28mm?

Do you have any lens shade recommendations for the Schneider 5.6/28mm (on an Arca RM3d)? I like the Sinar kompendium mask (especially as it allows for a 'non-symmetric' use which you don't get with a standard bellows-like kompendium) but to the best of my knowledge there is no adapter ring for the Schneider 28mm.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Lens shade / kompendium for Schneider 28mm?

why not? I mean as far as I know Sinar should have all lens diameters. I don't like it that much, especially because the weight is on the lens and I really would prefer 4 doors instead of two slide ins. I currently use the Arca bellow approach works quite good for me. However I don't have the 28.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    why not? I mean as far as I know Sinar should have all lens diameters. [..] I currently use the Arca bellow approach works quite good for me. However I don't have the 28.
    For the ArTec, Sinar offers only a limited range of lenses - this might explain why they don't offer/list many ring diameters (on their web page).

How is the Arca bellows approach with lens movements?

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

S.K. Grimes make a slip on adapter that fits over the outside of the lens barrel. http://www.skgrimes.com/slipon/index.htm (Note: their photos show a brass version, but they currently make them in a black anodized finish.)

These are custom made parts: you provide the outside diameter of the lens barrel, and the size threads you want at the front.