The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf Capture 11.5 Released: New GUI with lots of goodies for Aptus-II users

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Leaf Redesigns Aptus-II User Interface Press Release

Leaf Imaging Ltd.
www.leaf-photography.com

NEWS
Leaf Redesigns Aptus-II User Interface with release of Leaf Capture 11.5 Intuitive, User-Friendly Design Improves Handling TEL AVIV, May 23– Leaf Imaging, a leading provider of digital camera backs for medium format cameras, today announced that its latest release of Leaf Capture software delivers a newly designed touch screen GUI (Graphic User Interface). This redesigned Leaf GUI is more intuitive and user-friendly. Designed with the needs of professional photographers in mind, it offers improved workflow processes and quicker access to important tools through its new menu - favorite settings. The new Leaf GUI’s outdoor theme also makes exterior shooting much easier by improving visibility in high glare and reflection situations. The new Leaf GUI is available for all models in the Leaf Aptus-II series including Leaf’s latest product, the Leaf Aptus-II 12, an 80 megapixel digital back. In addition to the new GUI, the release of Leaf Capture 11.5 includes support for lens calibration when shooting to a CF card. Leaf was the first digital back producer to offer customers a touch screen display, which at 3.5” is currently the largest available in the market. Leading photographers who have already tested the new GUI have said:

 “Works like a charm, very easy to find everything. Love the outside theme, very cool.” Frank Doorhof)
 “I like it. I like the camera settings area especially. The GUI seems to simplify my handling even more.” (--Robb Williamson)

Leaf Capture 11.5 also extends the existing Leaf Capture automatic lens calibration feature from tethered mode to enable its use while shooting on the go. Lens calibration files fix effects like lens fall-off and color casts which can appear when shooting with wide angle lenses.

Leaf Capture 11.5 is free and available now for download from the Leaf website, at http://www.leaf-photography.com.
Leaf Imaging Ltd.

www.leaf-photography.com

NEWS
About Leaf Imaging Leaf Imaging has been a pioneer in professional digital photography. In 1992, Leaf introduced the world’s first commercial digital camera back. Today, the Leaf Aptus-II digital backs are the choice of leading photographers. Leaf is dedicated to improving the quality of its products, technologies and services to support the advancement of professional digital photography. For more information, visit the Leaf website at http://www.leaf-photography.com Leaf Capture is a registered trademark of Leaf Imaging. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Leaf Imaging is a Phase One company.
You can also follow Leaf on
http://twitter.com/leafimaging. # # #

yaya

Leaf Capture 11.5 Link

From the PR:

Leaf is happy to announce that Leaf Capture 11.5 featuring new Leaf GUI (Graphic User Interface) for Aptus-II digital backs, support for lens calibration when shooting to CF card and new firmware updates that accelerate start-up time by up to 50% and speed-up zoom by up to 30% is now available for download.

Leaf Capture 11.5 brings the new Leaf GUI to all models in the Leaf Aptus-II series including Leaf’s latest product, the Leaf Aptus-II 12 80 megapixel digital back.

The new Leaf GUI is more intuitive and user-friendly. Designed with the needs of professional photographers in mind, it offers improved workflow processes and quicker access to important tools through its new menu - favorite settings. The new Leaf GUI’s outdoor theme makes exterior shooting much easier by improving visibility in high glare and reflection situations.

Leaf Capture 11.5 extends the existing Leaf Capture automatic lens calibration feature from tethered mode to enable its use while shooting on the go. Lens calibration files fix effects like lens fall-off and color casts which can appear when shooting with wide angle lenses.

G

Garcia

Nice GUI and improved relationship between Aptus and C1 . Lens calibration on the fly is a great feature too.

Unfortunately, Aptus 12 start-up time is barely 1/2 sencond quicker ( nearly 20 seconds is old start-up speed mark ) and 1:1 zoom about equal.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
so now an Aptus (not II) is a thing of the past ;-(
Still as good as it was the day you bought it - better actually with several firmware updates over the years, and compatibility now with Capture One as well as LC as well as compatibility with new lenses (depending on which mount you have).

But yes, new development for that series should not be expected. I think and I hope you'll agree that Leaf gave you a pretty good length of active development and improvement and will continue to support you (essentially indefinitely) for any problems/issues, but to keep moving forward at some point they have to move on from older models.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Jérôme.E

Installed and works well. Like it.
Int/Ext switch is nice, favorites too.
Just bad Sensor Flex still the same with some "letter, tabloid..." which don't speak to me a lot, I'd have most preferred things like 1:1, 4x5, 4x3... more useful for my use.

Anyway it's a nice feature, kind of i got a new back... IQ156 Aptus ;-P

archivue

while the GUI is not compatible with plain Aptus... i think that leaf capture 11.5 is compatible...

that's not clear... shall i upgrade to the 11.5 with an aptus 22 ?

Thanks