The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf Capture 11.5 Released: New GUI with lots of goodies for Aptus-II users

Schmiddi

Does this apply to the AFi-II 7 as well? No change to my back after updated the firmware.
According to readme-file only AFI-backs with serials LI... are updated. Mine is LF - so I didn't try (also because I don't have MAC :mad:).
@Yair: Any chance, that LI-backs will be supported in future? The new GUI looks really good :D

Andreas

yaya

According to readme-file only AFI-backs with serials LI... are updated. Mine is LF - so I didn't try (also because I don't have MAC :mad:).
we'll have a new version of C1 soon with the same firmware for windows users

@Yair: Any chance, that LI-backs will be supported in future? The new GUI looks really good :D

Andreas
There are no plans to implement the new firmware for non-II models

MP7

Thanks Andreas

My back is also start with the LF serial number, but it is an AFi-II 7. Thus, what is the difference between the AFi-II that can be updated and the one that cannot be updated?

BradleyGibson

I have been in discussions with Yair on crossgrading my LF-series AFi-II 10 to an LI-series AFi-II 10 for about three weeks now.

No word back yet on this, but Yair has let me know that they're working on an answer.

archivue

yes much better... i just hope that it will remains compatible with leaf capture and C1 in the future... i will probably upgrade (P45+ V probably or P65+, or an Aptus II ? ), but i will keep the 22 as well !

Still as good as it was the day you bought it - better actually with several firmware updates over the years, and compatibility now with Capture One as well as LC as well as compatibility with new lenses (depending on which mount you have).

But yes, new development for that series should not be expected. I think and I hope you'll agree that Leaf gave you a pretty good length of active development and improvement and will continue to support you (essentially indefinitely) for any problems/issues, but to keep moving forward at some point they have to move on from older models.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

yaya

We are happy to advise that in an upcoming Leaf Capture 11 version (date TBA), the new Leaf GUI, Lens Calibration while shooting to CF card, and accelerated performance will be enabled in all Leaf AFi-II digital backs.
Leaf continues to enhance functionality and improve the products we market.
Leaf Capture 11.5 has added tremendous value to all Leaf Aptus-II and AFi-II products, which have been in the market for a long time.

Leaf Capture and Capture One continue to support older Leaf Aptus, Aptus-S and Leaf AFi platforms, however new functionality, such as the new GUI is not implemented for these older generation platforms.

Yair

DeckardTrinity

Leaf Capture 11.5.1 is now out, and appears to add the new GUI to additional backs. My Afi-7 is now the happy owner of the latest firmware, and the new GUI.

The release notes state the following:

Leaf Capture product compatibility
This version of the Leaf Capture software has been verified for compatibility on the following digital backs: Aptus-II, Aptus S, Aptus, AFi II, AFi and Mamiya DM digital backs.

While it does not explicitly state that the new GUI is now compatible with these backs, the notes are missing the table that was in the 11.5 release which showed several backs which were not compatible. I imagine Leaf will make an official statement, but thought I would share what I found today in this thread.

Thank you Leaf!

archivue

As Yair said before... that version seems fully compatible with a lot of back, but no firmware update for the older ones... not clear about DM backs....
it doesn't change anything on an aptus 22 for example, but LC still compatible !
A nice smooth transition !
I wish leaf had a back with long exposure capabilities...

"We are happy to advise that in an upcoming Leaf Capture 11 version (date TBA), the new Leaf GUI, Lens Calibration while shooting to CF card, and accelerated performance will be enabled in all Leaf AFi-II digital backs.
Leaf continues to enhance functionality and improve the products we market.
Leaf Capture 11.5 has added tremendous value to all Leaf Aptus-II and AFi-II products, which have been in the market for a long time.

Leaf Capture and Capture One continue to support older Leaf Aptus, Aptus-S and Leaf AFi platforms, however new functionality, such as the new GUI is not implemented for these older generation platforms.

Yair"

BradleyGibson

Upgraded my AFi-II 10 (LF-series) last night. Everything works as advertised.

The performance improvements of the booting, zooming in and zooming back out are most welcome--thank you Leaf!

The User button is now quite useful. Although it is programmable, the default setting is great, and it lets one access important functions right away (such as ISO).