Site Sponsors

Thread: Leaf Capture 11.5 Released: New GUI with lots of goodies for Aptus-II users

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Leaf Redesigns Aptus-II User Interface Press Release

Leaf Imaging Ltd.
    www.leaf-photography.com

NEWS
    Leaf Redesigns Aptus-II User Interface with release of Leaf Capture 11.5 Intuitive, User-Friendly Design Improves Handling TEL AVIV, May 23– Leaf Imaging, a leading provider of digital camera backs for medium format cameras, today announced that its latest release of Leaf Capture software delivers a newly designed touch screen GUI (Graphic User Interface). This redesigned Leaf GUI is more intuitive and user-friendly. Designed with the needs of professional photographers in mind, it offers improved workflow processes and quicker access to important tools through its new menu - favorite settings. The new Leaf GUI’s outdoor theme also makes exterior shooting much easier by improving visibility in high glare and reflection situations. The new Leaf GUI is available for all models in the Leaf Aptus-II series including Leaf’s latest product, the Leaf Aptus-II 12, an 80 megapixel digital back. In addition to the new GUI, the release of Leaf Capture 11.5 includes support for lens calibration when shooting to a CF card. Leaf was the first digital back producer to offer customers a touch screen display, which at 3.5” is currently the largest available in the market. Leading photographers who have already tested the new GUI have said:

 “Works like a charm, very easy to find everything. Love the outside theme, very cool.” Frank Doorhof)
     “I like it. I like the camera settings area especially. The GUI seems to simplify my handling even more.” (--Robb Williamson)

Leaf Capture 11.5 also extends the existing Leaf Capture automatic lens calibration feature from tethered mode to enable its use while shooting on the go. Lens calibration files fix effects like lens fall-off and color casts which can appear when shooting with wide angle lenses.

Leaf Capture 11.5 is free and available now for download from the Leaf website, at http://www.leaf-photography.com.
    Leaf Imaging Ltd.

www.leaf-photography.com

NEWS
    About Leaf Imaging Leaf Imaging has been a pioneer in professional digital photography. In 1992, Leaf introduced the world’s first commercial digital camera back. Today, the Leaf Aptus-II digital backs are the choice of leading photographers. Leaf is dedicated to improving the quality of its products, technologies and services to support the advancement of professional digital photography. For more information, visit the Leaf website at http://www.leaf-photography.com Leaf Capture is a registered trademark of Leaf Imaging. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Leaf Imaging is a Phase One company.
    You can also follow Leaf on
    http://twitter.com/leafimaging. # # #
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Leaf Redesigns Aptus-II User Interface

Waiting on photos to post.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Leaf Capture 11.5 Released: New GUI with lots of goodies for Aptus-II users

Leaf Capture 11.5 Link

From the PR:

Leaf is happy to announce that Leaf Capture 11.5 featuring new Leaf GUI (Graphic User Interface) for Aptus-II digital backs, support for lens calibration when shooting to CF card and new firmware updates that accelerate start-up time by up to 50% and speed-up zoom by up to 30% is now available for download.

Leaf Capture 11.5 brings the new Leaf GUI to all models in the Leaf Aptus-II series including Leaf’s latest product, the Leaf Aptus-II 12 80 megapixel digital back.

The new Leaf GUI is more intuitive and user-friendly. Designed with the needs of professional photographers in mind, it offers improved workflow processes and quicker access to important tools through its new menu - favorite settings. The new Leaf GUI’s outdoor theme makes exterior shooting much easier by improving visibility in high glare and reflection situations.

Leaf Capture 11.5 extends the existing Leaf Capture automatic lens calibration feature from tethered mode to enable its use while shooting on the go. Lens calibration files fix effects like lens fall-off and color casts which can appear when shooting with wide angle lenses.
    Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One | Mamiya Leaf
    e: [email protected] | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 | yaya's blog

Garcia

Re: Leaf Capture 11.5 Released: New GUI with lots of goodies for Aptus-II users

Great news.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Leaf Redesigns Aptus-II User Interface Press Release

Here you go:

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Leaf Redesigns Aptus-II User Interface Press Release

Thanks Yair

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Looks pretty cool!
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Garcia

Nice GUI and improved relationship between Aptus and C1 . Lens calibration on the fly is a great feature too.

Unfortunately, Aptus 12 start-up time is barely 1/2 sencond quicker ( nearly 20 seconds is old start-up speed mark ) and 1:1 zoom about equal.

Post Thanks / Like

so now an Aptus (not II) is a thing of the past ;-(

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by archivue View Post
    so now an Aptus (not II) is a thing of the past ;-(
    Still as good as it was the day you bought it - better actually with several firmware updates over the years, and compatibility now with Capture One as well as LC as well as compatibility with new lenses (depending on which mount you have).

But yes, new development for that series should not be expected. I think and I hope you'll agree that Leaf gave you a pretty good length of active development and improvement and will continue to support you (essentially indefinitely) for any problems/issues, but to keep moving forward at some point they have to move on from older models.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
    Phase One Partner of the Year
    Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
    Newsletter | RSS Feed
    Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Post Thanks / Like

Great news.
    I install it right a way and see how it works.
    Pretty excited :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! I can have that new back feeling after only 4 months

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yea that is pretty nice indeed

Post Thanks / Like

Installed and works well. Like it.
    Int/Ext switch is nice, favorites too.
    Just bad Sensor Flex still the same with some "letter, tabloid..." which don't speak to me a lot, I'd have most preferred things like 1:1, 4x5, 4x3... more useful for my use.

Anyway it's a nice feature, kind of i got a new back... IQ156 Aptus ;-P

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't seem to change anything on the DM33. Any ideas how to get the new UI there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by wentbackward View Post
    It doesn't seem to change anything on the DM33. Any ideas how to get the new UI there?
    The GUI on the Mamiya backs remains the same for the time being

Yair

Post Thanks / Like

while the GUI is not compatible with plain Aptus... i think that leaf capture 11.5 is compatible...

that's not clear... shall i upgrade to the 11.5 with an aptus 22 ?

Thanks

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Is Leaf Capture Mac only?
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by yaya View Post
    The GUI on the Mamiya backs remains the same for the time being

Yair
    Does this apply to the AFi-II 7 as well? No change to my back after updated the firmware.

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou Yair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MP7 View Post
    Does this apply to the AFi-II 7 as well? No change to my back after updated the firmware.
    According to readme-file only AFI-backs with serials LI... are updated. Mine is LF - so I didn't try (also because I don't have MAC ).
    @Yair: Any chance, that LI-backs will be supported in future? The new GUI looks really good

Andreas

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Schmiddi View Post
    According to readme-file only AFI-backs with serials LI... are updated. Mine is LF - so I didn't try (also because I don't have MAC ).
    we'll have a new version of C1 soon with the same firmware for windows users

@Yair: Any chance, that LI-backs will be supported in future? The new GUI looks really good

Andreas
    There are no plans to implement the new firmware for non-II models

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by yaya View Post
    There are no plans to implement the new firmware for non-II models
    Well, I have a LF...-serial number, but it is AFI-II... But good news with C1 for me

Andreas

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Andreas

My back is also start with the LF serial number, but it is an AFi-II 7. Thus, what is the difference between the AFi-II that can be updated and the one that cannot be updated?

Post Thanks / Like

LF serial number here too, AFI-II 7. Let's find out if they will upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes if possible I would like to upgrade my as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been in discussions with Yair on crossgrading my LF-series AFi-II 10 to an LI-series AFi-II 10 for about three weeks now.

No word back yet on this, but Yair has let me know that they're working on an answer.

Post Thanks / Like

yes much better... i just hope that it will remains compatible with leaf capture and C1 in the future... i will probably upgrade (P45+ V probably or P65+, or an Aptus II ? ), but i will keep the 22 as well !

Quote Originally Posted by dougpetersonci View Post
    Still as good as it was the day you bought it - better actually with several firmware updates over the years, and compatibility now with Capture One as well as LC as well as compatibility with new lenses (depending on which mount you have).

But yes, new development for that series should not be expected. I think and I hope you'll agree that Leaf gave you a pretty good length of active development and improvement and will continue to support you (essentially indefinitely) for any problems/issues, but to keep moving forward at some point they have to move on from older models.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
    Phase One Partner of the Year
    Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
    Newsletter | RSS Feed
    Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

We are happy to advise that in an upcoming Leaf Capture 11 version (date TBA), the new Leaf GUI, Lens Calibration while shooting to CF card, and accelerated performance will be enabled in all Leaf AFi-II digital backs.
    Leaf continues to enhance functionality and improve the products we market.
    Leaf Capture 11.5 has added tremendous value to all Leaf Aptus-II and AFi-II products, which have been in the market for a long time.

Leaf Capture and Capture One continue to support older Leaf Aptus, Aptus-S and Leaf AFi platforms, however new functionality, such as the new GUI is not implemented for these older generation platforms.

Yair

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks for the great news with the future supporting on my and other Leaf AFi-II backs.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great news with the future supporting on my and other Leaf AFi-II backs.
    +1; Looking forward to the update. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

+1

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent ... something exciting to look forward too!

Post Thanks / Like

Leaf Capture 11.5.1 is now out, and appears to add the new GUI to additional backs. My Afi-7 is now the happy owner of the latest firmware, and the new GUI.

The release notes state the following:

Leaf Capture product compatibility
    This version of the Leaf Capture software has been verified for compatibility on the following digital backs: Aptus-II, Aptus S, Aptus, AFi II, AFi and Mamiya DM digital backs.

While it does not explicitly state that the new GUI is now compatible with these backs, the notes are missing the table that was in the 11.5 release which showed several backs which were not compatible. I imagine Leaf will make an official statement, but thought I would share what I found today in this thread.

Thank you Leaf!

Post Thanks / Like

As Yair said before... that version seems fully compatible with a lot of back, but no firmware update for the older ones... not clear about DM backs....
    it doesn't change anything on an aptus 22 for example, but LC still compatible !
    A nice smooth transition !
    I wish leaf had a back with long exposure capabilities...

"We are happy to advise that in an upcoming Leaf Capture 11 version (date TBA), the new Leaf GUI, Lens Calibration while shooting to CF card, and accelerated performance will be enabled in all Leaf AFi-II digital backs.
    Leaf continues to enhance functionality and improve the products we market.
    Leaf Capture 11.5 has added tremendous value to all Leaf Aptus-II and AFi-II products, which have been in the market for a long time.

Leaf Capture and Capture One continue to support older Leaf Aptus, Aptus-S and Leaf AFi platforms, however new functionality, such as the new GUI is not implemented for these older generation platforms.

Yair"

Post Thanks / Like

I can confirm the UI update for the DM is not included in this release.

Post Thanks / Like

worked fine on AFI II 7 (LF serial number). No problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Upgraded my AFi-II 10 (LF-series) last night. Everything works as advertised.

The performance improvements of the booting, zooming in and zooming back out are most welcome--thank you Leaf!

The User button is now quite useful. Although it is programmable, the default setting is great, and it lets one access important functions right away (such as ISO).