The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 6.2.1 released

gazwas

Phase has just put 6.2.1 maintenance update on their website to fix the 6.2 crashing issue.

Have downloaded it and so far all seems well. One thing I have noticed is C1 now renders previews from my P65+ much, much quicker. :thumbs:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Much better . Just ran a bunch of images and they did fix the 6.2 issue I was having with grabbled previews. Ill try some 180 images

Guy Mancuso

Okay MUCH MUCH better. I was having issues with the IQ 180 images as they would just not render real well in preview. Running really well now and my MBP quad core is knocking them out pretty dang fast. Love when they fix this stuff. Maybe I will change my order for the 12th time. LOL

Officially its a IQ 160. I went for it

gazwas

Me either - then again it might be because you and I are the only two on a PC!
Should have pointed that out the crashing problems were for Mac users and machines with 8 or more cores. painting on ajustment layers seem a little more responsive also.

Guy Mancuso

Okay this is fast as hell compared to what i did 2 weeks ago. I just did a 16 bit Tif file in about 15 seconds and 6 seconds with a sensor plus file. Wow I can deal with this speed for sure. Hmmm. Maybe I should pick up my knitting again of my custom ski mask. ROTFLMAO

seriously I was not happy with the speed of 6.2 and the IQ 180. Maybe my system was not running right. But this flies considering 458 mg Tiff files.

Guy Mancuso

I'm not surprised! Still betting you get the 180 before it's done. Actually I wonder who orders it first :D
I will just bring the baseball bat to go pick up my wife this morning at the airport. Need to remember my helmet.

taking Capture Integration OFF my speed dialing :D

Guy Mancuso

did this real quick to test. Files are just scary good . WB maybe off . Lots of bouncing light coming in

narikin

Me either - then again it might be because you and I are the only two on a PC!
Oh no, you are not the only ones! I love my 1 year old 64bit workstation with a gently overclocked Intel 980X 6 core processor, 24Gb RAM, SSD OS disk, and an 8 drive 16Tb internal Raid array that serves my image files at 700mb/sec. And it's SILENT. Not starting a boring platform war, but there's a lot of good reasons to use a high level PC workstation.

Back to the topic: I see few speed bumps in my P65+ work this a.m., but yes there have been some PC stability issues, besides Mac ones mentioned by others. Hopefully things will be better in this release.

Guy Mancuso

Here too. The 180 files are flying as well as everything else feels like someone stuck 8 cores in when i was not looking. Impressed