The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ180 UK Orders

G

Googaliser

Hi - I am getting zero visibility from my dealer as to my likely delivery date. They imply that they are simply the messenger and have nothing to tell me. I hate to be a dripping tap so just wanted to see if any other UK expectants are getting better colour. Non UK experiences also welcome !

ps: I am not 8 years old - I'm just excited !

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Your not alone. Being a reseller here in the states have not been getting as much detailed information as we would like to answer our clients with specific delivery information and spend a great deal of time answer questions from customers who have ordered their units. All I can say is be patient it is well worth the wait.

We have received a number of units for our demo stock and to fill a limited number of orders. Not nearly enough to satisfy the overwhelming demand.

We did get an update from Phase One US yesterday thanking us for our patience and they are working around the clock to get past this situation.

They say that the next few weeks will be spent filling the back orders of the IQ180's in on the PhaseOne platform, which will put the V & H mounts out a little longer and the C will be the last (sorry Victor).

The IQ140/IQ160's will most likely start trickling out more towards the end of June, in Phase One mount first and others to follow.

Being involved personally I can attest that Phase One is not that far behind from what they originally estimated as ship dates. They are doing a hell of a job considering this has been the most successful launch of a new platform and considering the level of technology that is included in the IQ series.

Also you all should have something you are shooting in the meantime. Phase One has provided loaner units to those who purchased new systems, or you have a current model you are using if you are doing an upgrade. I do not know of any other manufactures that allow you to order a new model that is not shipping and provide you with a similar model to use in the meantime.

So please have a bit more patience and give your dealer a little slack because they are only working with the limited information that is coming down the line.

I know I can speak for Phase as well as ourselves thanking you for the orders and your patience.

Lance

gogopix

Subscriber
......They say that the next few weeks will be spent filling the back orders of the IQ180's in on the PhaseOne platform, which will put the V & H mounts out a little longer and the C will be the last (sorry Victor).

........Lance
Putting out H (a CURRENT competitor) before C (a current Phase FRIEND!) just seems, well, dumb.

but, maybe some of the early bad copies will go to the Phase camera owners...and THEY can complain :ROTFL:

tashley

Subscriber Member
Hi - I am getting zero visibility from my dealer as to my likely delivery date. They imply that they are simply the messenger and have nothing to tell me. I hate to be a dripping tap so just wanted to see if any other UK expectants are getting better colour. Non UK experiences also welcome !

ps: I am not 8 years old - I'm just excited !
Ditto. My dealer has gone quiet, presumably nothing to say, and my doubts continue to percolate....