The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

leaf aptus 75 tethered, force battery?

gebseng

hi there,

I am quite happy shooting architecture with a Leaf Valeo 22wi (no screen, but almost no color cast) tethered to a 13" macbook pro, and a Linhof Techno view camera.
I think about upgrading to an Aptus 75 (which is getting pretty cheap by now), mostly to have a backup back if things go wrong on location. I was hoping that this would allow me to power the Aptus from its own battery while shooting tethered (mainly to save battery on the macbook, which only last about 4 hrs using the Valeo), but I heard that in case of the Aptus 75 you can either shoot tethered or use the battery. Is there a way/trick to work around this?
Also, does anyone know if the Aptus 75 draws more power than the Valeo 22 when shooing tethered?

best,

geb

yaya

Hi geb, you can still power the back from the laptop. It does need a bit more power than the Valeo but not much.

You can use a powered repeater with an external battery such as Quantum Turbo, read more here