The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightroom Support for H4D-60

cerett

I asked this question in the Image Processing area and got no response. I will give it a shot here. Thank you

I just purchased a H4D-60 and was disappointed to learn that the current version of Lightroom does not support these files. My understanding is that there is support for the H4D-40. I'm not sure I understand the difference. (I also found out that Photomatix will accept files from the H4D-60.) Is there any workaround on this Lightroom issue? Phocus is good, but I would like to take advantage of some of the features in Lightroom. Same issue with ACR. Your thoughts would be most appreciated.

Dustbak

Simple answer. No, there is not. We have to wait until Adobe integrates support for the H4D60. Hopefully that will be for the .FFF files as well.

fotografz

I asked this question in the Image Processing area and got no response. I will give it a shot here. Thank you

I just purchased a H4D-60 and was disappointed to learn that the current version of Lightroom does not support these files. My understanding is that there is support for the H4D-40. I'm not sure I understand the difference. (I also found out that Photomatix will accept files from the H4D-60.) Is there any workaround on this Lightroom issue? Phocus is good, but I would like to take advantage of some of the features in Lightroom. Same issue with ACR. Your thoughts would be most appreciated.
Not yet, but hopefully sooner than later.

You can download Phocus Quick and convert to DNG from the CF card while simultaneously saving the original H4D/60 RAW files to another back-up folder. Then proceed to Lightroom as normal with the DNGs. With Phocus Quick you don't have to load all the originals into Phocus and then convert. It's actually pretty fast (depending on your computer).

-Marc