The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

wide lens IQ 180 shoot out: Digitar 28XL versus Digaron 32HR-W

rupho

So you don't think it will be suitable even on 60mp backs as I want it for use on a P65+.

Looks like I'll have to do more saving up then. :bugeyes:
As much As I loved the 28 XL fro it's lack of distortion and built I habe to admit even on a P65 it displayed way too much color cast
My take on this lens is if you shoot a P45 go for it but stay away with full frame sensors .

archivue

"My take on this lens is if you shoot a P45 go for it but stay away with full frame sensors ."

anyone test it with a P45 ? P25 ? Aptus 22 ?

rjones

Actually, these findings on the IQ180 are not surprising.

I used to use a Schneider 24XL on a Leaf 65 with an Alpa without any problems. Going to the Phase P65+ back forced me to sell the 24XL, as the fall off and color casts were horrible, and go to the Rodenstock HR35.

Basically any backs with < 8 µm pixels needs a retrofocus WA for good edges. With backs getting into the 5 µm range, symmetric WA designs are no good.