Site Sponsors

Thread: Anyone running Phocus teathered on a imac

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone running Phocus teathered on a imac

Just wondering if anyone out there is running phocus teathered to hasselblad h4d in an imac??

i would like to get one as my studio viewing monitor to teather to ... as this won't be my main processing machine it doesn't have to be super powerful just good enough for viewing zooming cropping etc so the client can approve the shots

so my questions are : are they powerful enough with 512mb graphics, and so which one would you reccomend??

thanks

andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone running Phocus teathered on a imac

Hi Andrew,

I use the H4D40 with an iMac 2.8GHZ i7 with 16GB of RAM and the ATI Radeon HD 4850 with 512MB of memory when I shoot tethered. And it's fast.

And when I'm shooting on location I also use my "very old" MacBook Pro. It's a 2.53GHZ Intel core 2 Duo with 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M with only 256MB of memory and a SSD 256GB. I use it to shoot tethered with an external screen (sometimes) and it's running smoothly enough to import the pictures, zoom, crop, WB, export.

So I guess any new iMac with 4GB memory and 512GB VDO card will be fast enough to import/view/crop/zoom/export your pictures. And eventually you can give an iPad with Phocus Mobile to the client to check the pictures while you're shooting...

JC

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that JCVG you just saved me $350 as i wont be buying the 1TB graphics card

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Andrew

Tip: for best stable operation you should look into getting a firewire hub with powersupply to connect the back. This may save you a lot of hassles.

The new Macs (Mac Pro is the sole exception) lack sufficient power on the firewire ports. Been there tried it with a H4D50MS. Only way to get it stable.

regards
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

I'll second Stefan on the repeater and I'm using this one:

http://www.lindy.co.uk/3-port-firewi...hub/32911.html

Works flawlessly.

JC