The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

You know you've been...

mvirtue

...using a digital back for too long when:
You wonder why all the images your reviewing on the screen look too soft and don't have the presence you expect. And after doing this for about an hour it finally dawns on you that, this is the first time you've loaded files from a 1DsIII and a 1DIII into C1. My import preset in Aperture added just enough sharpening to kill part of the AA filter, and apparently more saturation than I run for the Aptus.

I think I need to spend the next hour crafting a new preset before I waste another hour being confused reviewing the images.

mediumcool

...using a digital back for too long when:
You wonder why all the images your reviewing on the screen look too soft and don't have the presence you expect. And after doing this for about an hour it finally dawns on you that, this is the first time you've loaded files from a 1DsIII and a 1DIII into C1. My import preset in Aperture added just enough sharpening to kill part of the AA filter, and apparently more saturation than I run for the Aptus.

I think I need to spend the next hour crafting a new preset before I waste another hour being confused reviewing the images.
This might help.

Stefan Steib

Mark

the solution is quite simple: let someone remove the antialiasing filter from your 35mm DSLR. The difference is amazing, especially if you use some nice sharp lenses (well I know some that come to my mind....:) ). For europe I would propose http://www.optik-makario.de/.
I had also my UV and IR cut filter (the bluegreen one in front of the chip)removed this finally opens the camera to a whole new world of usage.

IR, UV, highspeed shots in nearly total darkness (you gain 1,5 stops!)

In the US there are also some companies, but pay attention: this requires highest precision and knowledge, e.g. at my rebuild the sensor cleaning still works perfectly, this is something that is essential and shows it was done right.

Greetings from Munich
Stefan Steib hartblei.de