The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya 150 mm 2.8 D lens

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well I am home and had to fix almost my whole house. Pool , Coolers, Garage. You name it i had to fix it or clean it. i hate going away and coming back after 2 weeks the place needs a Mr. Fixit and a Mr Clean. Anyway i got a few images off around the house just to get a feel for this bad boy. It is bigger than the 3.5 version by a mile no question. The 3.5 is shipped so i can't compare but right off the bat this thing is worth the money at 2.8 it is very very nice with great bokeh. Seriously this maybe the lens but I need to shoot it more but it looks like a 75 lux to me so far or really close to it. I am going to sneak out in the morning with just this lens. Maybe the Alpa also since I have yet to really test that one also. Been really hot here in Phoenix but I need to get over it and go shoot. LOL

All of these are at 2.8 handheld . Nothing special as far as images but maybe a good idea what it can do so far.

Guy Mancuso

Here is a ugly shot than I made a crop of it at 100 percent . Not exact on the crop but close to see

Guy Mancuso

I will shoot in the morning and update more but so far , I really like it. I better it cost enough

Guy Mancuso

Ah one more. I am still on my laptop waiting for my MacPro to come home from NY but it looks pretty good. BTW folks the new 80mm D lens is also a killer, so those waiting for there Phase body and lens your in for a treat

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Guy, the bokeh looks very nice. I definitely want that extra stop. Thanks for posting these. Looks like I'll be broke again soon. ;)

As an aside, my Phase body and 80/2.8 arrived today ... certainly feels a little more substantial in build to the old AFD body I was using. Looking forward to running around with it over the next few days.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Guy,
Looks real nice. did not have a chance to "test" yours before I sent it out. Looking forward to some more examples from Bob and you.
Lance

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Kurt . I think you will want one of these. I know your tastes and this maybe it.

Lance so far bud looks like a winner. BTW sent the check today. LOL

I will post a lot more tomorrow but you may want to link this around so folks can see what this lens is made of. So far worth the money for sure. I love the bokeh on it very smooth

Guy Mancuso

Kurt have fun with the new body and lens. I think you will really like the improvements . One other thing I have yet to try and that is use rechargeable batteries in the body. Rechargeable are usually faster than Alkaline batteries and it may even speed the camera up more.

Guy Mancuso

This lens adds something I did not have and that is 3 lenses that are fast with 2.8 and there all very good the 55mm, new 80mm and now this 150mm. That is a nice range for when your in the soup with bad light light. Seriously i am pretty well set now with 35,55,80,150 and a 300mm . Yes i would love the 28mm and the 50mm shift lens also or the new 45mm tilt/shift lens coming. If i decide to keep the Alpa with the 47mm than I will maybe add a 24mm digitar. That would round out the MF system pretty well for me.

David K

Workshop Member
Guy,
Looking very good... glad this lens is all you hoped it would be.

Kurt,
Tell us the secret of how you get "unbroke" once you're in the MF soup.

Guy Mancuso

This is a little scary . shot very early this morning handheld. ISO 200

First two no sharpening at all than last one I used a sharpening action that Jack had created

Guy Mancuso

Oh boy almost afraid to post this stuff. Hide your credit cards. BTW folks I already told Lance to order as many as he can. I'm a little floored. All ISO 100 handheld and at 2.8 wide open. I did shoot some closed down but will post them later . Just one to get you in the mood this maybe what your spouse may look like when you tell them you are getting this lens. LOL

Guy Mancuso

Folks I just shot this damn thing at anything that looked somewhat interesting . I tried some shots with really busy backgrounds also as you see there ugly but want to see the bokeh. I am just going to load everything up and just let you see

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Come to papa ... just what I was looking for ... :D

Guy, how quick is the lens to focus? Same or better than the 80?