The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ140 timelines?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
So, the big dogs are in the neighborhood and shipping fairly regularly now. Any word on the little pup? (IQ140).

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I think you should go for the 160. I know where you can get one today, I think Lance has a extra at DT. LOL

Its a great question Graham and I'm hearing nada, nothing, zilch. Not what you want to hear I know.

cly

So, the big dogs are in the neighborhood and shipping fairly regularly now. Any word on the little pup? (IQ140).
Probably august - that's what I have been told (by Phase). If that's the case, you have only a few weeks left to make up your mind re IQ160 :)

Chris

GrahamWelland

August actually is fine for me. I admit that I am getting very tempted by the IQ160 too - thanks Guy, this isn't good for my wallet!! I blame you entirely for this :D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Graham -- think FULL FRAME :ROTFL: Seriously, makes the most out of both of your camera systems... That's only my humble and less-than-2-cent opinion though.

stephengilbert

But Graham, the trade-in is worth more when you buy the higher priced back.

This is similar to the Jack Flesher argument regarding the 160 vs. the 180. Talk about a slippery slope. :)

GrahamWelland

I'm feeling "enabled" again ... I was already on a slippery slope but that's now transitioning towards a precipitous drop :ROTFL:

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
This is similar to the Jack Flesher argument regarding the 160 vs. the 180. Talk about a slippery slope. :)
:ROTFL: But in my case it was more like a :wtf: -- like, "WTF, I am already spending so much to get the new tech, why not spend the little extra and go all the way!"

cly

think FULL FRAME :ROTFL: Seriously, makes the most out of both of your camera systems... That's only my humble and less-than-2-cent opinion though.
I have the feeling that getDPI should have a separate enabler section with carefully controlled reading permissions.

Chris

hcubell

Not necessarily... I'm still waiting for word on my IQ-160 V.
My understanding from my dealer is that the IQ backs for Contax, V and H Hasselblads are "scheduled" to start shipping in mid to late August. This is almost two months later than I had originally been lead to believe. I have a trip scheduled for the third week in August, and I sure hope to have my IQ180 by then.