The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One’s Capture Pilot App Now Offers Camera Control

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Phase One’s Capture Pilot App Now Offers Camera Control

COPENHAGEN, June 29, 2011 — Phase One, the world’s leader in open-platform based professional medium format camera systems and solutions, today announced the availability of Camera Control -- a new Capture Pilot(TM) option that lets photographers operate their cameras remotely via their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. This remote camera control frees photographers to shoot under scenarios that previously would have been difficult or impossible.

Camera Control is the newest feature of Capture Pilot which allows photographers to use their iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch to wirelessly view, zoom and pan high resolution DSLR and medium format RAW, JPEG and TIFF images while they are shooting. The application’s rating and tagging features enable clients and colleagues in the studio or on remote locations to participate in the shoot and provide instant feedback.

Camera Control
Camera Control offers photographers an elegant, virtual camera display on their iOS device to remotely fire the camera and control the camera’s most important capture parameters, including ISO sensitivity, exposure mode, shutter speed, aperture, exposure compensation and others.

Camera control supports a wide range of pro and semi-pro Canon and Nikon DSLRs, and Phase One, Leaf and Mamiya medium format camera systems.

Availability and Pricing
Camera Control is available now as an in app purchase for USD14.99 / EURO11.99. Capture Pilot™ is a free app available from the Apple store that works with Capture One Pro. More information is available here: http://www.phaseone.com/en/software/capture-pilot

Capture Pilot with Camera Control requires version 6.2.1 or later of Capture One Pro, the raw conversion and image editing software that supports a wide range of pro and semi-pro camera models. Capture One comprises a full digital workflow to produce beautifully detailed and richly rendered images. For information about Capture One Pro, please see: http://www.phaseone.com/en/Software/Capture-One-Pro-6/

About Phase One
Phase One is the world’s leader in open-platform based medium format camera systems and solutions. Phase One medium format cameras, digital backs and lenses are designed to deliver superior quality image capture and investment value. Phase One’s Capture One software helps streamline capture and post-production processes for both medium format and digital cameras. Phase One products are known for their quality, flexibility and speed enabling pro photographers shooting in a wide range of formats to achieve their creative visions without compromise. For more information, please visit Phase One at http://www.phaseone.com. Follow Phase One on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/PhaseOneWW

Phase One is an employee-owned company based in Copenhagen with offices in New York, London, Tokyo, Cologne and Shanghai.

Phase One and Capture One are registered trademarks of Phase One A/S. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
It is great to see the ever so useful Capture Pilot Application evolve.

Some of the new features included in this upgrade came directly from end-user feedback.

Thanks for listening Phase.

Lance

jlm

Workshop Member
sounds cool
do you need a computer in the link?
what is the physical connection between camera/back and I-device?

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Yes you would still need to have the camera connected to the computer for Capture One to control.

The Ipad to Computer host communicates via WIFI.

Lance

jeanlucco

All,
It works perfect, connected my Leaf to the Computer, started a session, opened the App ... et voila. Not try with the IPhone, but with the Ipad this is perfect. Now you can shoot a full session from your bed on a nice hotel bedroom with air con while everybody is melting on the beach :)
Cheers, Jean-Luc

cunim

I am sitting here trying to make it work on my iphone 4. Server running, turn off Bluetooth, connected to IQ180 on DF camera.

When it does connect, it only allows me to trigger and change iso. No aperture or speed control. I have seen that the Phase demos are all on DSLR. Is that because the DF can't do these things?

Might still be ok, even without the aperture and speed but it keeps loosing the connection and then it sits forever looking for the server. In particular, it loses connection when the iphone blanks. Then, I have no idea how to get it back. I suppose it's time to talk to my dealer. Sigh. This could have been useful.

tashley

Subscriber Member
I am sitting here trying to make it work on my iphone 4. Server running, turn off Bluetooth, connected to IQ180 on DF camera.

When it does connect, it only allows me to trigger and change iso. No aperture or speed control. I have seen that the Phase demos are all on DSLR. Is that because the DF can't do these things?

Might still be ok, even without the aperture and speed but it keeps loosing the connection and then it sits forever looking for the server. In particular, it loses connection when the iphone blanks. Then, I have no idea how to get it back. I suppose it's time to talk to my dealer. Sigh. This could have been useful.

Hmm, I am currently trying it for the first time with a model arriving in an hour, and I get the same as you - from which I can only surmise that the shutter and aperture controls don't work with the DF body...

ANyone have a view (I am guessing that this may only be possible with a body FW update or something equally inconvenient!)