Site Sponsors

Thread: Rodenstock 50mm Lens

Post Thanks / Like

Rodenstock 50mm Lens

I am considering purchasing a Rodenstock 50mm for either my Alpa or for another platform...... Either way, its the glass I'm interested in. Has anyone shot with this lens? Happy or unhappy? Any feedback is appreciated.....

Victor

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rodenstock 50mm Lens

Dear Victor,

The Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 4,0/50mm is a remarkable lens. Due to its retro-focus design you won't have any CC issue with it on an IQ 180.

With its IC of 90mm it allows (with the IQ 180) for around 16/13mm for V/H in landscape format.

See also here:

RodenstockDigaronW4.0/40mm

Best regards
    Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by vjbelle View Post
    I am considering purchasing a Rodenstock 50mm for either my Alpa or for another platform...... Either way, its the glass I'm interested in. Has anyone shot with this lens? Happy or unhappy? Any feedback is appreciated.....

Victor

Post Thanks / Like

the 55 apo sironar digital is quite a good lens when used at f11... with no visible distortion and large image circle !

What's the benefits of the HR Digaron-W 4,0/50mm over the "old" 55 if you shoot architecture ?

i believe the new 50 must be much better wide open...

Post Thanks / Like

The W has a smaller image circle (90mm vs 125mm), but a higher resolution, theoretically better suited for the current high-res backs with their pixels pitch of 5μm (9μm given for the Apo Sironar D).
    And yes, the 50mm W HR is better wide open with an optimum between f5,6-f11, as compared to f8-f11 for the 55mm Apo Sironar D.

Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by archivue View Post
    What's the benefits of the HR Digaron-W 4,0/50mm over the "old" 55 if you shoot architecture ?
    i believe the new 50 must be much better wide open...