The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rodenstock 50mm Lens

vjbelle

I am considering purchasing a Rodenstock 50mm for either my Alpa or for another platform...... Either way, its the glass I'm interested in. Has anyone shot with this lens? Happy or unhappy? Any feedback is appreciated.....

Victor

Thierry

Dear Victor,

The Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 4,0/50mm is a remarkable lens. Due to its retro-focus design you won't have any CC issue with it on an IQ 180.

With its IC of 90mm it allows (with the IQ 180) for around 16/13mm for V/H in landscape format.

See also here:

RodenstockDigaronW4.0/40mm

Best regards
Thierry

I am considering purchasing a Rodenstock 50mm for either my Alpa or for another platform...... Either way, its the glass I'm interested in. Has anyone shot with this lens? Happy or unhappy? Any feedback is appreciated.....

Victor

archivue

the 55 apo sironar digital is quite a good lens when used at f11... with no visible distortion and large image circle !

What's the benefits of the HR Digaron-W 4,0/50mm over the "old" 55 if you shoot architecture ?

i believe the new 50 must be much better wide open...

Thierry

The W has a smaller image circle (90mm vs 125mm), but a higher resolution, theoretically better suited for the current high-res backs with their pixels pitch of 5μm (9μm given for the Apo Sironar D).
And yes, the 50mm W HR is better wide open with an optimum between f5,6-f11, as compared to f8-f11 for the 55mm Apo Sironar D.

Thierry

What's the benefits of the HR Digaron-W 4,0/50mm over the "old" 55 if you shoot architecture ?
i believe the new 50 must be much better wide open...