The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya ZD CF Compatibility

homeiss

I'm finding it really hard to come by any info about what the maximum size of CF card that can be used in the ZD back is. I found one site that rents out a ZD back and they say it comes with an 8GB CF card. The only other person I've found on the internet using a bigger CF card is at the following link: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12115&highlight=Mamiya+zd

So that's good news, but, will newer cards work in the back? Such as the SanDisk Ultra 16GB, or the SanDisk Extreme 8GB.

Thanks in advance.
Cory

bigfish007

I have a later production, HH3XXX, double buffer (red Mamiya Logo), ZD back. I use a Lexar 16GB 400x compact flash card. Mine also works with SDHC cards. Although I only tried a 4GB card. The Lexar card definitely has a faster write speed, althouth still a snales pace. It may be different for you depending on firmware though. Hope this helps. The faster speed cards definitely help some.

BigFish007

bigfish007

I was using a SanDisK Extreme III 8GB CF card before going to the Lexar 16GB. No special reason but the Lexar was on sale, buy one get one. Did not notice any major difference in anything.

BigFish007

itsskin

I use 32G Adata 533x. The back can not format it, but writes to it without any problem. Just format it in Dslr or computer.

homeiss

I use 32G Adata 533x. The back can not format it, but writes to it without any problem. Just format it in Dslr or computer.
Hey itsskin,

Is this the red logo ZD back or the white logo ZD back you're using?

Thanks for the info everyone!

itsskin

No problem. In general I have zero problems with CF. All of mine works. From 4 to 32 gigs. Most for writing only, not formatting. But its not big deal, imho.