The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H4D-60 firmware update R500

Iskander

The new user-installable firmware update enables discerning photographers to stay at the top of their game with new levels of usability and application.
One-click focus check allows photographers to zoom in to 100% to check focus position and accuracy with a single click of a button - very handy when you’re working untethered. There’s higher resolution display too. And the innovative pitch and roll digital spirit level despatches skewed horizons and off-angle straight edges to the dustbin of history.

And with this firmware upgrade, shutter speed, aperture, ISO, white balance and other key settings can be more easily viewed on the rear LCD – a big plus when the camera is mounted on a tripod but also helpful in hand-held mode.

Now updated with Live Video, the H4D-60 can be tethered to a computer to provide a seamless, highly efficient workflow using our proprietary Phocus software. Additionally, thanks to new Schneider and Rollei support, you’ll have the option of working with large format, technical view cameras – with shutter control via Phocus.

http://www.hasselblad.de/news-/hass...ew-level-with-major-new-firmware-updates.aspx

Michael

Last edited:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Good stuff; kudos to Hassy.

Does the spirit level provide the option for numerical (rather than graphical) output?

note: this is an honest question as I'm working on an academic article that requires a numerical pitch indicator

fotografz

YES!

Now I have the camera I paid for ... and then some. :thumbs:

Thank you Hasselblad! And thanks to David G for keeping us informed of the progress.

-Marc

To add some details....

Sensor Unit firmware H4D-60, R500
Version R500 is a replacement firmware for R361 introducing many new features and performance improvements for the H4D-60 camera.

Highlights Include

-Rear LCD updated to full resolution
-One click 100% instant focus check
-Camera grip info on rear LCD
-Two directional electronic spirit level
-Live Video (requires Phocus 2.6.3 or later)
-Support for Rollei & Schneider electronic shutter systems

This is a firmware update for the Sensor unit, body and Viewfinder!

Note, you do not need an expensive accessory to update you camera - everything is done by FireWire and Phocus.

Spirit Level..

Viewfinder Spirit Level Indication

Rear Info Display

One Click instant 100% zoom focus check

The user programmable buttons (MUP, AE-L, True Focus, Stop Down) can all be programmed to action the Level, Rear Display and Focus Check.

Or..

Press Up, on the four way key for the rear info

Press and hold 'i' for Spirit Level

Enjoy the update!

To add...

I viewed both the IQ180 and H4D60 zoomed to 100% on both displays.

There was no discernible difference in resolution between the too. Also agreed by the Phase / Hasselblad dealer who offered to show us the IQ180 / Mamiya combo.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Looks good David. I'm sure the H60 folks will be happy. I like the info page, like to see that on my back with a half press of the shutter

jlm

Workshop Member
quite interesting. as i recall, there was a cryptic menu choice on the earlier H backs about leveling, or horizon, etc. has that gotten legs as well?

dick

YES!

Now I have the camera I paid for ... and then some. :thumbs:

Thank you Hasselblad! And thanks to David G for keeping us informed of the progress.

-Marc
They say that the H4D-60 is becoming a legend - at least it is now becoming more of a camera and less of a fantasy... how many years ago did they announce the 60?

David - when do we get the H4D-60 clip-on battery?

...and is it compatible with the new Sinar eShutter?

rem

David, was the leveling not also announced for the H4D-40? Can we still hope for some of the features?
Thanks, rem

J

Jonathan W

Agreed, the 60 is out of my price range. But I would have no problem retiring my h3d2 39 for a h4d40 if these features could come avalible.