The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CF card zapped

jlm

Workshop Member
had a battery die while re-formatting the card in the camera. card is a sandisc extreme III, 8 gig.

now the back begs for a camera restart if that card is installed and will not work if that card is in the back.

all is fine with alternate cards

is that 8 gigger a goner?

my card reader seems to get hung up when i try and delete any files from the card as well, showing "the item "journlAttr.3" is in use"

was able to copy and read a file to the card using my card reader, but it will clog when on the back

thx for a small thing

David Schneider

Download PhotoRescue from www.datarescue.com. I believe it's for pc only, but check. It has saved my life so many times over the 9+ years I've been using it. Run the demo, if it finds your images, which it always does for me, then purchase it and run it again and this time you can save the images. Then live happily ever after.

Nice meeting you at my studio for the mf get together.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
well, he did say he was reformatting it so I think he's just trying to get the card usable again. I'm pretty sure PhotoRescue is both Windows and Mac.

to the OP, have you tried reformatting the card with your computer with a disk utility?