Thread: Leica creates MF lens adapters for S2 body

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Leica creates MF lens adapters for S2 body

http://translate.google.com/translat...Fremdobjektive

S-V adapter for lenses of the Hasselblad V system
    S-P67 adapter lenses for the Pentax 67 system
    S-adapter for lenses of the Mamiya M645-645 system
    Last edited by bradhusick; 17th July 2014 at 09:26.
    Brad Husick

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leica creates MF lens adapters for S2 body

Tee Leica S2 uses a Kodak chip 45mm by 30m... in it delivers 37,5 Mpix... so it's quite a hight density sensor... i'm not shure that M645 and Pentax 67 lenses will be good enought for it... and unfortunately there's no movements available... tilt, shift...

in my opinion, it's really useful !

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The S2 sensor is very similar to the Pentax 645D sensor. Some of the Pentax 67 lenses work well on the 645D. I think two getdpi members use Pentax 67 lenses on their S2--one is Dougg.

The really unfortunate thing is it is stop down metering/focusing. But I would image it would have been almost impossible to couple those lenses to the S2.

Does this mean Leica is doubtful of bring out more lenses? It is an interesting move for them.

Porpoise

Quote Originally Posted by archivue View Post
    Tee Leica S2 uses a Kodak chip 45mm by 30m... in it delivers 37,5 Mpix... so it's quite a hight density sensor... i'm not shure that M645 and Pentax 67 lenses will be good enought for it... and unfortunately there's no movements available... tilt, shift...

in my opinion, it's really useful !
    Pixel size for Leica S2 and PhaseOne P65+/IQ160 is 6 micron. The IQ180 has 5.2 micron pixels. User reports seem to indicate that the IQ180 can give more resolution than the P65+ with at least some PhaseOne lenses. So these lenses should still be able to outresolve the S2 sensor.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    Does this mean Leica is doubtful of bring out more lenses? It is an interesting move for them.
    My thinking is that the adapter provides a less expensive alternative for those seeking to get into the S system. It also allows S2 shooters to use alternative lenses until Leica can meet the demand for it's lenses. I would not interpret this to mean that Leica will not continue to develop more lenses. But I do expect future lenses will be even more expensive than their existing lineup... which isn't cheap