The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

On the High Line

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Rather than continuing to hijack the "why did I choose . . . ." thread I thought that i would start one on the High Line outing with Lance and company. All images with an SK 35 xl on an Alpa TC plus 60 meg H back. I use my Leica D5 Disto for measuring distances - the Alpa hi rez focusing ring facilitates getting the settings on the camera. Exposure is sunny 16 rule plus trial and error.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Woody - I was interested to know whether you are using the CF filter when shooting handheld with the 35 XL?

Great images btw! I especially like the chain fence and bridge railing receding view images. Very nicely done.

dchew

Woody,
Very nice! Have you converted any to B&W? Some look as if they would really sing.

Dave

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Woody - I was interested to know whether you are using the CF filter when shooting handheld with the 35 XL?

Great images btw! I especially like the chain fence and bridge railing receding view images. Very nicely done.
Graham - I don't use a CF filter with the 35. You really need the two stops if you are hand holding. I find that I often prefer the look of the non-falloff corrected image is preferable as it tends to darken skies. I don't use the 35xl shifted. I've noted elsewhere that the good part of its image circle barely covers a 40x54 sensor.