Site Sponsors

Thread: Question re: H2 Ixpress CFH 22 on Rollei 6008?

Post Thanks / Like

Question re: H2 Ixpress CFH 22 on Rollei 6008?

Hi All,

I have a quick question that I'm hoping someone here can answer; sorry if it's considered "amateur or obvious but I'm trying to get a hard confirmation.

Can the Hasselblad H2 Ixpress 22mp CFH Digital Back be "reattached" to the Hasselblad Ixpress i-Adapter Kit for using Rollei 600X/AF Camera with Digital Back.

The reason I ask is because the H2 Ixpress 22mp CFH digital back seems to not use an external battery but rather the battery in the grip of the H2. Or am I completely off here?

Thanks,

Josh

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Question re: H2 Ixpress CFH 22 on Rollei 6008?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbfreeheel View Post
    Hi All,

I have a quick question that I'm hoping someone here can answer; sorry if it's considered "amateur or obvious but I'm trying to get a hard confirmation.

Can the Hasselblad H2 Ixpress 22mp CFH Digital Back be "reattached" to the Hasselblad Ixpress i-Adapter Kit for using Rollei 600X/AF Camera with Digital Back.

The reason I ask is because the H2 Ixpress 22mp CFH digital back seems to not use an external battery but rather the battery in the grip of the H2. Or am I completely off here?

Thanks,

Josh
    Hi Josh, not an amateur question at all.

All CFH backs are dedicated to their H mount cameras (that's what the "H" stands for) ... as opposed to Hasselblad CF backs which use a clip on battery, and a series of iAdapters for use on multiple other MF cameras.

So, the answer is no, you cannot adapt a CFH back to a Rollei 6000.

If your CFH back has "in" and "out" sync ports, it can be used on a technical camera (like a view camera, or ALPA, Horseman, etc. type camera) but needs to be tethered to a computer via the firewire ... no battery is required because the firewire connection provides the power.

I'll post a photo of what the technical camera set up looks like so you can look at the CFH back and see if it has the correct connections to use a tech camera.