The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Will you trade P45+ to IQ180 or just use the money to buy Leaf Aptus II 12?

m21apsh

Dear all,

after checking and rechecking the price of upgrade from P45+ to IQ180 (plus Value add warranty) about $28000 or maybe $30000 now

$32000 you can buy a new Leaf Aptus II 12 and keep P45+.

what do you guys think? :poke:

Thanks

M21apsh

timwier

I have a brand new, never opened, never used Aptus-II 12 R (V mount) I am about to list. I would consider a trade plus $$ for a P45+.

If you are a Cambo WRS person, I also have a V mount I would throw in.

If you are interested, send me a PM.

Tim

rga

What do you shoot? They seem to be tools that have different strengths and weaknesses. How do those differences impact what and how you shoot?

Graham Mitchell

Why keep the P45+? Would it be sitting on a shelf collecting dust? Or do you do a lot of long exposure work? The P45+ seems to be the king of long exposures so that would warrant hanging onto it. I can't think of another compelling reason.

I've played with both the Aptus II 12 and IQ180. Not long enough to comment on any difference in image quality but the IQ180's interface is a lot faster. Would that help you to take better photos, or is it just 'nice to have'? Would the price difference be better spent on other accessories? If you shoot tethered, you don't need a nice or fast GUI on the back. Funnily enough, I think wedding photographers would really appreciate the IQ backs the most. They move around quickly, untethered. They do get a few chances to take each shot before quickly moving on. The IQ180's fast previewing would be hugely helpful there, to check focus, closed eyes, etc on group shots before moving on to the next group. Having said that, I doubt it makes any commercial sense to shoot a wedding on such a back!