The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which Lens Would You Choose and Why?

dchew

Nice Graham!
I can see they changed the menu in the Needle Restaurant. Good to know.
;-)

Dave

Very nice!

The Rodenstock 180 APO Sironar has a listed image circle of 150mm. Surely lots of scope for movements and stitching here.

Rob

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Nice Graham!
I can see they changed the menu in the Needle Restaurant. Good to know.
;-)

Dave
Yes, I noticed that the soup was off on Saturday. :ROTFL:

Btw, it does make you wonder what the IQ180 or Aptus II 12 could squeeze out of these optics under the right conditions. I'm still frequently in awe of what even my P40+ can eek out of the Alpa system. :thumbs:

coulombic

If you're committed to the 645DF/Mamiya platform, I'd probably recommend the 75-150mm D. My copy is exceptional throughout the entire focal range. I also own the "legendary" 300mm f/2.8, which would certainly satisfy in terms of sharpness and contrast. . . but it's so heavy.

malmac

Gabe

With the 75-150, are you using this lens mostly on a tripod or doing a fair bit of hand held work.

If you are doing hand held work, what would your advice be on shutter settings to avoid camera shake from the focal plane shutter?

I have a DF but my longest lens is the 80mm LS lens and I am weighing up what my next lens purchase should be.

Thanks in advance.

Mal