The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Making IQ180 work for me - huge image

cs750

Tim, great work. The jpg took a while to load...but well worth it. My internet service is slow today. I can't recall whether you are definitely going to be at the New England workshop, but your goal of creativity using your equipment and the IQ180 is a fitting lead up to that workshop for me. Hope to see you there. Charles

D&A

Tim, spectacular image and although it must be incredable and pleasure to view it printed large, I could almost see this image along side some other historic structures (of a similar time period) bound together in a book or even in a series of vintage postal cards. The detail in the linked image is amazing and I like the post processing with possibly a tiny bit of excessive noise that may be slightly too much and be overwhelming some aspects (and fine detail) upon initial viewing...but then again, without seeing the final print, my judgement on that one characteristic, might be flawed. Truly original and a joy to both look at and examine on many levels. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Dave (D&A)

tashley

Subscriber Member
Hi Charles,,
Thank you... Slow Internet is a bane. Weirdly I recently moved to a new place where I thought the connection would be terrible and I get 5mbs reliably for the first time. Amazing, after years of a trickling pipe of a connection.

I really want to make New England but am not yet sure if I can because of horrible scheduling conflicts. No doubt by the time I clear that up all the places will be gone! But I still have hopes of joining the fully assimilated community!
Best
Tim

Tim, great work. The jpg took a while to load...but well worth it. My internet service is slow today. I can't recall whether you are definitely going to be at the New England workshop, but your goal of creativity using your equipment and the IQ180 is a fitting lead up to that workshop for me. Hope to see you there. Charles

tashley

Subscriber Member
Tim, spectacular image and although it must be incredable and pleasure to view it printed large, I could almost see this image along side some other historic structures (of a similar time period) bound together in a book or even in a series of vintage postal cards. The detail in the linked image is amazing and I like the post processing with possibly a tiny bit of excessive noise that may be slightly too much and be overwhelming some aspects (and fine detail) upon initial viewing...but then again, without seeing the final print, my judgement on that one characteristic, might be flawed. Truly original and a joy to both look at and examine on many levels. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Dave (D&A)
Thanks Dave.... One of the amazing things about the back is that this file had to be treated to a Tri-X simulation in Silver Effex, amongst a few other steps, before I could get it to the pared down and slightly ghostly look I was after. The native file was far too good for my purposes in terms of detail but what was very useful was the extra DR!