The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca RM3di with Schneider 60mm 5.6 Digitar

P

POKO

Hi.

So, first off, thank you to all of you who have posted here with your experiences with various tech camera/back combos - reading the materials helped me to decide on which system I should step into.

Was originally obsessed with Alpa. Very obsessed. A local dealer of other systems - B3K Digital - suggested I borrow a Cambo, which I did. Didn't really do it for me. They suggested the RM3di. It seamed like it was the way to go.

So, I got it.

Because of a busy work schedule, and spending more time then I should building a playhouse for my daughter, the camera arrived and sat in the bag for a couple of weeks.

Last week I had to shoot a campaign, and I thought I should bring the Arca along - just in case...

It was a location shoot, landscapes of wine country, restaurants.

I had done the back calibration already - had just enough time to do that! And had enough time to test the laser focus with the disto. To my amazement, the thing worked - perfectly!

I have to say the whole system, the camera/lens/viewfinder/Disto was a pleasure to work with. Did not have a single issue framing/focusing using the viewfinder and Disto. The framing system with the viewfinder using the "holes" to adjust rise/shift worked perfectly. I wasn't going to get the viewfinder originally, but they lent me one with the camera to try and I loved it! It made it so I never had to remove the back from the camera for framing with the ground glass. I set up a grid in C1 so when shooting teathered so I know exactly how much rise/shift to apply so framing would be exact once the art director started to make specific requests on changes to the composition.

As a side note, when shifting between the Arca and my Hassy 503CW, the AD said there was a marked difference between the two cameras and the IQ coming out the Arca.

It was a pleasure to work with this set up. The files from my P45 never looked so good! It was such a precise system. Having problems focusing - age - using the laser finder made it so I could pinpoint what I wanted to focus on - exactly!

The image circle on the lens is HUGE! Didn't concern myself once with pushing the limits of coverage.

So, if anyone is having a moment trying to decide which tech camera system to go with, I'd like to throw a vote to the Arca.

P