The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ180: Helicon broken

cunim

I use Helicon a lot, or at least I did with 50MP and smaller backs. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with the 80MP files from the IQ180. That is, not if you export full quality tifs and stack those. All sorts of serious memory errors arise, file saving is intermittent at best, and going into the retouch window is the kiss of death.

I sent them some files, they replicated the problem, and will fix it at some point. Something to be aware of if you are thinking of this back.

On a more positive note, the IQ180 is doing what I bought it for. I put it on the tech camera and am able to leave my computer at home most times. This is a big deal. Now let's see if I can do movements with it.

rupho

Have you received any response from Helicon?
I was not able to get any info from their website on potential issues but mine also seems broken
G
I use Helicon a lot, or at least I did with 50MP and smaller backs. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with the 80MP files from the IQ180. That is, not if you export full quality tifs and stack those. All sorts of serious memory errors arise, file saving is intermittent at best, and going into the retouch window is the kiss of death.

I sent them some files, they replicated the problem, and will fix it at some point. Something to be aware of if you are thinking of this back.

On a more positive note, the IQ180 is doing what I bought it for. I put it on the tech camera and am able to leave my computer at home most times. This is a big deal. Now let's see if I can do movements with it.

cunim

Only response was that there is a problem and that they will fix it. No indication of when. I think if a bunch of people put in cases the wait will be shorter.

hcubell

Only response was that there is a problem and that they will fix it. No indication of when. I think if a bunch of people put in cases the wait will be shorter.
The same issues with the retouching functions have existed with 60mp files from my P65 on a Mac Pro (10.6), but I can otherwise process out TIFFs.