Site Sponsors

Thread: IQ180: Helicon broken

Post Thanks / Like

IQ180: Helicon broken

I use Helicon a lot, or at least I did with 50MP and smaller backs. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with the 80MP files from the IQ180. That is, not if you export full quality tifs and stack those. All sorts of serious memory errors arise, file saving is intermittent at best, and going into the retouch window is the kiss of death.

I sent them some files, they replicated the problem, and will fix it at some point. Something to be aware of if you are thinking of this back.

On a more positive note, the IQ180 is doing what I bought it for. I put it on the tech camera and am able to leave my computer at home most times. This is a big deal. Now let's see if I can do movements with it.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: IQ180: Helicon broken

Windows or Mac version?

Post Thanks / Like

W7/64, 24GB RAM

Post Thanks / Like

Have you received any response from Helicon?
    I was not able to get any info from their website on potential issues but mine also seems broken
    G
    Quote Originally Posted by cunim View Post
    I use Helicon a lot, or at least I did with 50MP and smaller backs. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with the 80MP files from the IQ180. That is, not if you export full quality tifs and stack those. All sorts of serious memory errors arise, file saving is intermittent at best, and going into the retouch window is the kiss of death.

I sent them some files, they replicated the problem, and will fix it at some point. Something to be aware of if you are thinking of this back.

On a more positive note, the IQ180 is doing what I bought it for. I put it on the tech camera and am able to leave my computer at home most times. This is a big deal. Now let's see if I can do movements with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Only response was that there is a problem and that they will fix it. No indication of when. I think if a bunch of people put in cases the wait will be shorter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cunim View Post
    Only response was that there is a problem and that they will fix it. No indication of when. I think if a bunch of people put in cases the wait will be shorter.
    The same issues with the retouching functions have existed with 60mp files from my P65 on a Mac Pro (10.6), but I can otherwise process out TIFFs.