Site Sponsors

Thread: mamiya 80/2.8 versions?

Post Thanks / Like

mamiya 80/2.8 versions?

so...i picked up my AFD as a kit, with an 80/2.8. and i recently picked up another 80/2.8 in order to sell the AFD as a kit and still have an 80/2.8 in the bag, since i upgraded to the AFDIII.

i just noticed today, while packing my bag for tomorrow, that one has a smooth plastic barrel, and the other has a rubbery coating on the barrel.

my assumption is that the rubbery one is just a more recent version, but should be the same otherwise.

anything else i should know?

thanks
    --David

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: mamiya 80/2.8 versions?

Quote Originally Posted by dmeckert View Post
    so...i picked up my AFD as a kit, with an 80/2.8. and i recently picked up another 80/2.8 in order to sell the AFD as a kit and still have an 80/2.8 in the bag, since i upgraded to the AFDIII.

i just noticed today, while packing my bag for tomorrow, that one has a smooth plastic barrel, and the other has a rubbery coating on the barrel.

my assumption is that the rubbery one is just a more recent version, but should be the same otherwise.

anything else i should know?

thanks

Dave -

The "D" version (updated) has a rubber material for the focusing ring, if that is what you mean, rather than rubber coating on the entire barrel. And it should be a bit larger in size.

Steve Hendrix
    Steve Hendrix, Sales Manager, www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
    Digital Cam: Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Sinar Authorized Reseller
    TechCam: Alpa | Cambo | Arca Swiss | Sinar Authorized Reseller

Post Thanks / Like

Re: mamiya 80/2.8 versions?

alas...i didn't luck out that much. though it sure would be nice to have accidentally picked up a D for $100. if only i had that kind of luck, haha.

this one's got a whole rubberized barrel.
    --David