The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase Battery Carrier?

R

richard.L

okay, consensus please...

lightest, best, what other factors for carrying 4-6 phase one (DB) batteries? // those Li-ion BP-911 ... things

''now relying on think tank bag pockets to keep them from fighting"

richard.L

stephengilbert

I put them in little Zip-lock bags that I've accumulated over the years. If you buy Really Right Stuff gear, they're always including Allen wrenches (hex keys) in a little bag. :)

R

richard.L

hmm, those are expensive baggies :) not as expensive as meth, but nevertheless costly..

back in the valley there's a store (weird stuff) that had electronic parts trays, that would be perfect (they were rolls) ... I've called, they don't know what I'm talking about... such is the way it goes with surplus. it is, then it isn't.

R

richard.L

there we go... maybe even ammo pocket thing... taking batteries off to store...

that's the jolt I needed mark... will also stop at tool store for "free" nail, small parts bags...

stephengilbert

Just the answer: 3x5 inch reclosable bags: http://www.uline.com/BL_213/6-Mil-Reclosable-Bags. And they're ony 88 cents each. Unfortunately, you need to buy a thousand. Of course, if 25 people join together, .....

To be serious, I use the little plastic bags to keep the batteries clean, and in the OP's phrase, "to keep them from fighting" with each other. The plastic bags are then stored in a camera bag pocket. The bags are three by five inches, just right for a Phase battery, or for three or four CF cards in their little boxes.

Last edited:

Ebe

Where I found small cases, to fit photo items.

All Electronics / An electronics surplus store
http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/category/145/Cases/1.html

On the Link page above;
The 1st item PADDED MINI-POUCH // $0.50
Holds 4 AA-batteries (good-fit) or 2-cf card's / (a little spare room).
Zipper is nylon not metal in all cases Ok for Batteries

The 3rd down, left side LEATHERETTE BELT POUCH // $1.00
holds an extra Phase/Mamiya Camera Battery pack
pre-loaded with AA's.( a little loose) not much padding but
will protect the batteries conectors.
This pouch also holds the large extention tube (perfect) if you have an
extention tube get this one

10th row, right side (MP3 CASE W/ ARM BAND AND WAIST BAND)
I only use the case and discarded the arm band part.
This case holds 2 Phase batteries is padded very well 1/4 inch top & bottom
has a belt loop if you want to use it that way.
It holds 2 phase batteries just a tad of spare room.
This case is a little large for the Mamiya battery pack but a good choice
if you want the extra padding over the leatherette pouch.

Prices are good, I have several of all the above. The cases are made well
no isues with any.