Post Thanks / Like

Re: Show your favorite RZ67 shots!

Thx! Need to shoot more with it

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by neil View Post
    Gary,
    There are adapter plates for the RZpro II which would allow you to use your CFV-II V mount digital back.

So you could soon be using digital on your RZpro II

Adapter plates are quite expensive though. Given that you could get a couple of RZ lens for the same price.

Neil
    Hi Neil,

Yes, I was aware of the (expensive) digital back adapter plates available for the RZ, but I think the effective focal length crop factor for a CFV-II mounted on the RZ is probably much greater than I'd find useful/acceptable. It's already very limiting when used on my Hasselblad 503CWD (1.5x). I'm still dreaming of a full frame 6x6 digital sensor/back some day.....but that's

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Gary,
    I too waiting for my square format digital sensor. In the meantime, I will be shooting film instead. Congratulation on your new RZ system. I don't want to start you going on another system but have you tried out the Fuji 680 GX?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MP7 View Post
    Hi Gary,
    I too waiting for my square format digital sensor. In the meantime, I will be shooting film instead. Congratulation on your new RZ system. I don't want to start you going on another system but have you tried out the Fuji 680 GX?
    No, no, no.....I don't want to hear about the Fuji 680GX or any other film camera for that matter. Yesterday, a friend of mine asked "How many cameras do you have?". I was embarrassed to say, I don't know. Decided to start with the film cameras.....holy cow. That's it. The RZ67 is my LAST ONE. I'm drawing the line at 20 film cameras (I will count the Hasselblad 503CWD as a "digital camera").

No mas, no mas.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Has anyone got some pictures from the soft focus rz 180 or soft focus rb 150 using a digital back? Any advice on which ring to put in lens for different effects or any advice on the applications of these lens other than the obvious portriat use.

Thanks

Neil

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone got some pictures from the soft focus rz 180 or soft focus rb 150 using a digital back? Any advice on which ring to put in lens for different effects or any advice on the applications of these lens other than the obvious portriat use.

Thanks

Neil
    SergeiR has some. I know that there is at least 1 in the 'Fun with MF images' thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ordered the Mamiya left hand grip, electromagnetic shutter release and camera strap for the RZ today......so I guess that means I'm keeping the RZ after all. :-)

Decided to try a roll of Kodak Ektar 100 in the RZ. I rarely shoot color negative film, so not sure what to expect. Hope to finish the roll off this weekend. If anything looks good, I'll post it here next week.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    Ordered the Mamiya left hand grip, electromagnetic shutter release and camera strap for the RZ today......so I guess that means I'm keeping the RZ after all. :-)

Decided to try a roll of Kodak Ektar 100 in the RZ. I rarely shoot color negative film, so not sure what to expect. Hope to finish the roll off this weekend. If anything looks good, I'll post it here next week.

Gary
    My Mamiya RZ gave me amazing results with all films, B&W or colors [neg, slide], don't fear so much about using it, one day before i went out and shot 5 films at once, 4 colors including 1 slide[Velvia 50] and 1 B&W, all done by RZII, all came out great except that Velvia 50, forgot to compensate for the exposure, but even though it came not very bad, if i exposed it properly then it may be the best roll out of 5.

Good luck
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Gary
    Looking forward to see the images from your Kodak Ektar.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Neil
    As Mark correctly said - i got 180 VSF.
    Its not your everyday lens. And its not effect you like to constantly apply, so if you have doubts - i'd suggest rent one and play around.

Design of this lens is similar to the roddenstok (sp? i cant remember for the life of me) SF for large format. You can use it with or without inserts. If you buying it used - make sure you got all 3, that were there originally.

Inserts do produce additional effect using small "appertures" surrounding large one, plus lens itself got "controlled abberations". But unlike on modern lenses from Nikon - you can not adjust it. Not that many people adjust it on Nikon from what i seen

Lens itself allows you to reproduce old "soft look" and works absolutely fine on digital, however you will have to spend some serious time practicing it b/c effects do vary even with same insert, depending on how you put lights around subjects. I.e its not exactly magic.

And its VERY irritating to focus

on and minimal focusing distance is kinda icky for full face shots no matter how you dance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Very disappointed with my first roll of Ektar on the RZ67. I took the same shots with my Pentax 645N II loaded with Velvia 100 and the P645 images look MUCH better. I'm basing this statement on views of medium res scans of the color negs and transparencies from my local lab.

I'll try scanning some of these myself over the weekend, but for now....I'll be shooting color transparency in the future.

Any thoughts here re color neg vs transparency for scanning?

Gary

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am a brand-new member. This photo was taken with Phase One P30+ and fish eye lens.

Post Thanks / Like

Same setup as usual

Senior Member johnnygoesdigital's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ILya,

I enjoy your photographs, your use of backlighting has created a recognizable style in the images posted here. In addition to ambient light, do you also shoot with strobes behind the models to create that "washed" look? Smoother, lower contrast photographs are very moody. Also, do use a flag or hood?

Post Thanks / Like

Thx!
    this is all natural llight pushed a little in post.
    I bought bellows hood and it is used here. Nothing except this.
    Strangely, I post here only backlit pics Will find something else

dwhistance

Gary

I've found that colour neg film scans very well although you sometimes have to play around with setting the mid and endpoints to get the colours accurate. One thing to bear in mind is that the "profiles" built into scanning software are rarely right, partly because development for each film will be slightly different. No doubt this is the price you pay for the relative exposure latitude. Once you have everything set the colours can be wonderful with modern films though.

David Whistance

Post Thanks / Like

Still getting used to the back/camera - some shots from the Wyoming State Fair...
    RZ ProII / Nikon Digital

bendtphoto.com

Post Thanks / Like

Here is one that I developed at home. Velvia 100F:

GGB 11 by Thomas N. Abbott, on Flickr

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi,

I am very new here. I posed in the forum few days ago but the picture did not go through. I will try again today.
    I am very new to digital MF and still learning. One thing has never changed is the RZ67.

This is the RZ67 Pro II + 65mm with P1 30+.

Thank you.
    Pramote

Shelby Lewis

Thanks for posting everyone... my back adapter will be in this week and I'll finally be able to contribute. Lovely shots!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Is this thread about RZ shots from digital only or from both, digital and film?
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

in the past i've used an RZ outfit (using 6x7 film), nice lenses for shure but i've quickly bought an Arca F line 69 because i was missing tilt and shift mvts !
    i used to have the PC 75, but no tilt and only one focal lenght.

How does the PC 75 perform on a digital back ?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey-hey everyone!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Not to let the thread die
    RZ67D, [email protected] against the sun, ZD

Shelby Lewis

Good call!

I guess I should post now that I've got my digital back running on my camera (finally got an adapter a month or so ago)... this is also in the "fun with" thread.

recent headshot for a fellow student friend: aptus II-6 on a pro IID using the 110/2.8 @ f/5.6. ISO 100

Cheers!
    Shelby

Shelby Lewis

and I think this is wide open on the 110/2.8 - aptus II 6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by itsskin View Post
    Here are some:

I like the photo took in Hutong...I am from Beijing.