The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Show your favorite RZ67 shots!

bensonga

Very disappointed with my first roll of Ektar on the RZ67. I took the same shots with my Pentax 645N II loaded with Velvia 100 and the P645 images look MUCH better. I'm basing this statement on views of medium res scans of the color negs and transparencies from my local lab.

I'll try scanning some of these myself over the weekend, but for now....I'll be shooting color transparency in the future.

Any thoughts here re color neg vs transparency for scanning?

Gary

johnnygoesdigital

ILya,

I enjoy your photographs, your use of backlighting has created a recognizable style in the images posted here. In addition to ambient light, do you also shoot with strobes behind the models to create that "washed" look? Smoother, lower contrast photographs are very moody. Also, do use a flag or hood?

itsskin

Thx!
this is all natural llight pushed a little in post.
I bought bellows hood and it is used here. Nothing except this.
Strangely, I post here only backlit pics :) Will find something else :)

D

dwhistance

Gary

I've found that colour neg film scans very well although you sometimes have to play around with setting the mid and endpoints to get the colours accurate. One thing to bear in mind is that the "profiles" built into scanning software are rarely right, partly because development for each film will be slightly different. No doubt this is the price you pay for the relative exposure latitude. Once you have everything set the colours can be wonderful with modern films though.

David Whistance

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Hi,

I am very new here. I posed in the forum few days ago but the picture did not go through. I will try again today.
I am very new to digital MF and still learning. One thing has never changed is the RZ67.

This is the RZ67 Pro II + 65mm with P1 30+.

Thank you.
Pramote

S

Shelby Lewis

Thanks for posting everyone... my back adapter will be in this week and I'll finally be able to contribute. Lovely shots!

archivue

in the past i've used an RZ outfit (using 6x7 film), nice lenses for shure but i've quickly bought an Arca F line 69 because i was missing tilt and shift mvts !
i used to have the PC 75, but no tilt and only one focal lenght.

How does the PC 75 perform on a digital back ?

S

Shelby Lewis

Good call!

I guess I should post now that I've got my digital back running on my camera (finally got an adapter a month or so ago)... this is also in the "fun with" thread.

recent headshot for a fellow student friend: aptus II-6 on a pro IID using the 110/2.8 @ f/5.6. ISO 100

Cheers!
Shelby

S

Shelby Lewis

and I think this is wide open on the 110/2.8 - aptus II 6