Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Travel Bag for Tech Camera and Lenses

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Travel Bag for Tech Camera and Lenses

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    I use a Think tank speed freak. Holds my Cambo ,lens and back and room to stack two lenses. Just did this with stacking the Rodie 32 and SK 43. Worked out very nicely. It's stiffer than a messenger bag but kind of like that for the tech came . Holds it shape for faster working
    Guy mine holds its shape also because there is a custom rigid back board that keeps the pack rigid, and also all the compartments attach to the backing via velcro and to each other via velcro kind if a neat setup
    Steven Kornreich
    www.kuau.com

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Think tank speed freak. Holds my Cambo ,lens and back and room to stack two lenses. Just did this with stacking the Rodie 32 and SK 43. Worked out very nicely. It's stiffer than a messenger bag but kind of like that for the tech came . Holds it shape for faster working
    I also use the Speed Freak. The OP said no shoulder bags, which the SF obviously is, but I agree it fits a three-lens kit very nicely. Perhaps the best thing about the SF is the way it fits when the hip belt is used. Snug up in just the right area of your back. It is the most comfortable shoulder bag I've ever used.

Dave

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Going to take a few shots of mine today with my Cambo in it since most of the Alpa's are pretty much around the same size as my Cambo. The Rm3d looks a touch to big for the speed freak but there is a bigger size. I did not try putting Jacks or Bobs in my bag but the Arca is a bigger cam for sure. I think my Cambo is basically 6 inches both in height and width.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have the viewfinder, so my STC goes in sideways with the handle up. But I think it would still fit with the viewfinder on pointing up. Also, I have the 150 SB, which has to have the extention tube removed to fit. The ET goes in a wrap under the camera.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    I have the Loka and it is a real backpack - light weight, very sturdy construction, distributes the weight extremely comfortably plus it has a shaped back to fit your spine and best of all it opens from the top side so you don't put the side you wear in the mud/dirt. With the ICU options you can use the same bag with different gear - I just ordered another large ICU for my DF outfit.
    How easy/fast is access to the contents of an ICU? Do you always close the ICU when closing the Loca? What I really like about the TT harddrive is how fast I have access to the stuff: When working in a crowded situation, it's important to have fast access and get the backpack back onto your back. But carrying a fully loaded TT harddrive isn't fun.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Starting to look at the TT glass taxi
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Chris,

I leave the ICU cover unzipped and just tuck it under the edge of the rear opening. It still provides the protection but is a lot faster to access this way. I've left the foam pad inside so that the cover stays semi-rigid but I'm considering taking that out as it is a layer of protection that probably is overkill. Without the pad the inner cover is very flexible and would be easier to zip. When the ICU cover is zipped you can release the Velcro and remove it from the pack via the top opening which allows for a relatively simple exchange of the entire contents. It's a tight fit though for this. You can keep several ICUs with different outfits in them and swap them over in the same bag. That is easier in theory than in practice I found so I got a Satori for my DF outfit.

The rear facing cover zips very quickly to get in/out of the pack. This is also sculpted so that it fits the arch of your back very comfortably which seems to be something few other packs do well.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Starting to look at the TT glass taxi
    BAG WHORE!

Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Graham! So it's probably time for another bag. And for an explanation why this one does what none of the various cam bags in my office can do

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    BAG WHORE!

First I need some glass to put in the damn thing. LOL

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have the new Kiboko 22L smaller than the original (and can now hold a laptop) coming next week. I will see how my Arca kit will fit into it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I don't know , which brand this backpack is , but it seems a Canon freak has found a new purpose for a backpack .
    Wall Photos | Facebook

Any MFD photographer doing the same ? ? ?
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A great way to carry both your babies...

Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That kid will have a very long and interesting future in therapy. "And then Dad traded me in for a 200-400 f/4L IS."

I'm heading off for the weekend to a wedding and so, of course, am bringing the Cambo. Here it is in an fstop gear Tilopa BC (about the same size as the Loka, but a little deeper). The back and lens are attached. I have only the one lens, but I threw in an Oly OM-D and three lenses into the Medium ICU for fun. This leaves about half the bag available for all the other junk.

Access to gear is VERY easy. I leave the ICU unzipped, The lumbar panel operates smoothly.

--Matt
    Last edited by MGrayson; 31st August 2012 at 06:44.