Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Travel Bag for Tech Camera and Lenses

Post Thanks / Like

Travel Bag for Tech Camera and Lenses

I'm looking for any suggestions for the perfect lightweight travel bag/s for an Alpa STC and 3 lenses and other stuff. The STC is 6 inches high which makes it impossible to fit into a Lowepro 300AW in its vertical position but if I wrap it in a cloth (naked) I can easily place it flat near the zippers and I have a perfect airport travel bag. This, though, does not work well for traveling around. I would prefer to assemble the camera, back and lens and travel with the assembled camera in a lightweight backpack. Its very tough to find a backpack that meets this goal. A 300AW isn't deep enough and most competitors have bags that are very similar. So far the only backpack I can find that I can use is a Lowepro Orion. I get a large open space in the bottom compartment for the assembled camera and an open space above for lenses and other stuff. Obviously the lenses would have to be wrapped or put into some type of protective leather lens case as the upper compartment is just an open space. I hate shoulder bags..... backpacks are much easier for me. Is this it or is there something else out there..... I looked at the Gura Gear bag but haven't seen it, touched it.... you know what I mean. Any suggestions?

Victor

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Travel Bag for Tech Camera and Lenses

Have a look at the Think Tank Street Walker Pro.

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/produc...-backpack.aspx

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

ThinkTank bags are very sturdy and well built. They have quite a bit of variety as well.

http://www.thinktankphoto.com
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You have my sympathies with this quest. I use a Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW which holds my STC with viewfinder, 3 lenses, plus a 4th lens on the camera body and the back detached. It's the closest I've come to finding something that works. I can fit all the cables, batteries, rocket blower, LCC card & loupe in the same bag too.

I'm still looking for the right bag that will allow me to keep the STC assembled with the back on it, and a 35 or 47 XL digitar on it. The longer glass with spacers really aren't going to work but that's understandable.

I can take a pic and upload later.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

"I looked at the Gura Gear bag but haven't seen it, touched it."

Maybe we need to chip in and buy a Gura Gear bag for Guy. He can do a thorough review, and then when he tires of it, someone can get a good deal on a lightly used bag.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Assuming he doesn't take a knife to it like he does all of his other bags. Maybe the bag makers should contract him to design the "Guy Mancuso Edition" of said bags.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by stephengilbert View Post

Maybe we need to chip in and buy a Gura Gear bag for Guy. He can do a thorough review, and then when he tires of it, someone can get a good deal on a lightly used bag.
    No need ... I have a Kiboko bag, as does Wayne Fox and we both use Alpas.

I can tell you that for an STC and a couple of lenses it's a huge overkill because it's a big, very flexible bag. I use mine to carry my DF and glass PLUS my Alpa & glass and a couple of MFDBs. Yup, it's THAT big. It is a truly excellent bag though and I've taken mine on Safari to Africa with 2x DSLR's and lenses up to 200-400VR Nikon etc etc.

What I can say is that yes you can partition one side of the Kiboko and fit an STC with back and lens on it, plus a viewfinder on top. You'll have a LOT of free space inside if you've just got a few Alpa lenses and other gear though. But it will work.

I'm sure that Guy would still appreciate the bag though (and the subsequent purchaser too!)

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

i use a think tank airporter (I bought it from Guy!) holds cambo wrs with lens and back mounted, two more lenses, back extension (for the 120), disto, battery pack (for my H39), meter, misc small stuff, and is nicely padded

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by stephengilbert View Post

I have a Gura Gear bag. It is light and wonderful to travel with and HUGE. It was built for big glass. I know Andy Biggs will be launching some new products so I am holding my breath.

edit....whoops I answered before getting to the bottom of the thread.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hey don't leave me out of a free bag. Lol

Problem is I need 10 k to put something in it
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You guys should look at a Crumpler bag in the 'Celebrity c-list' series.
    The medium is 8-9"deep in the lower part. It easily takes my RM3di with DB installed and lens.
    The have a small and large as well. Also the interior is a light bright color which helps finding the odd
    small item loose in the bag.
    Great bag.
    Rod
    Last edited by RodK; 7th August 2011 at 20:33. Reason: added info
    US Representative, Arca-Swiss International
    R-Line Technical Cameras, Large Format View Cameras, Tripod Heads D4, D4m, P1, P0, Z1, Z2, C1 Cube.
    http://www.rodklukas.com/arca-swiss 480-755-3364
    Instagram @arcaswissusa Facebook @arcaswissusa

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Rod,

I'd love to see a picture of the Crumpler loaded. Their bags can be somewhat snug with little room to stuff away lens, cables etc. It would be interesting to see how you packed the bag and what's included. (Confession: one of my favourite bags is a crumpler rucksack that I've had for probably 10 years although it's a challenge to pack).

Victor,

Here are some shots of the Gura Gear Kiboko with an STC in the bottom compartment. It fits with the back & wide lens combo even with a viewfinder. I normally keep my Phase DF outfit in this bag though.

Alpa TC with 35XL & P40+ & Optical viewfinder:

Alpa STC:

Lowepro Slingshot 300AW with Alpa STC / TC & 4 lenses, back, disto, blower & accessories. I also use the top portion of the bag for LCC cards, loupe, meter etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Graham,

Thanks for posting the images. The Kiboko looks reallyl big. I do, though, have to be able to keep my STC assembled with my 60 or 100 and also have room for my 150mm. I also have to have some room for a Disto and a light meter and Schneider loupe. Its really surprising how much space those three items take up. I have the Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW and will see how well I can fit my stuff into it. Its amazing how everything unassembled fits into the Pro Runner 300 AW. That bag just doesn't work out for carrying the STC assembled.

Victor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Have a look at the Think Tank Street Walker Pro.

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/produc...-backpack.aspx
    Yes Terry, that bag does look interesting but I wonder if I could fit an assembled STC into it.... that center divider looks to me as though it would get in the way.

Victor

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Victor,

Do you have an optical viewfinder on your STC? That's the challenge with the longer lenses because you can generally fit the body/back and a lens, even an SB lens & spacer, in a bag but it's an awkward shape with the viewfinder on top.

With a wide lens you can fit the camera in the bag sideways which gives you the height to fit it in with the viewfinder on it. With a longer lens you have to orient the camera vertically in the bag and then you need a wide bag to accommodate the body & finder.

The iPhone finder is convenient because you can remove it easily. The optical finder is a pain to put on & off, especially when it's cold.

The Lowepro is the best fit for me ... so far. It's not perfect because I do have to remove the back and you can't leave anything other than a wide lens on it. Also I consider it somewhat over padded really. I'm sure that there's a better fitting bag out there for an assembled technical camera so I'm interested in seeing how other folks have solved this too.

Post Thanks / Like

Graham,

I have an optical finder but don't use it much..... in fact I'm considering not even taking it along on trips. I use the iPhone app but only hand held. That gets me close enough.... after that I can compose with live view. My lenses (35, 60,100, 150) are all relatively small except for the 150. My 100 is also a SB so the spacer is required for two lenses. I tried the Slingshot but just can't get enough stuff into it. I considered an upstrap for the Alpa in combination with the Slingshot but that really is uncomfortable. I would rather have a small backpack that will accept an assembled STC...... so far very tough to find.

Victor

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Victor,

Well some good news regarding Alpa packing. I just reconfigured my F-Stop large ICU storage unit for my Loka backpack and it's a perfect fit for the STC with back on it, 34mm spacer, and 90mm or 150mm SK lens. This allows for partitions for 3x lenses across the top plus one on the side, in addition I can store all of the other gear such as the distometer, blower, batteries, cables etc. This assumes no viewfinder fitted although that is also possible if you give up some storage up the side. I'll add a pic in the morning to show what I mean.

Unfortunately the downside is that F-Stop gear is arguably harder to get than Leica lenses at the moment although the internal ICU storage bags are currently in stock today other than the extra large.

Post Thanks / Like

Graham,

This is my Lowepro Pro Runner 300AW with modified inserts - one borrowed from my slingshot and another from an older 300AW. There is room for all of my stuff (Disto, Meter, 35,60,100 and 150 lenses, Schneider Loupe, iPhone and a RRS pano head. The only lens I would not be able to keep attached to the body is the 150.... its just too long. The entire bag weighs 14.85 pounds. The empty space on the lower right is for my 35mm lens which is getting a Top Secret CPU upgrade..... finally, auto focus on an Alpa.

Victor

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

For tech cameras, I'm looking into a setup from these guys, recommended by Mark Dubovoy

http://www.photobackpacker.com/home.asp
    wayne
    My gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes i have seen them but man are they big packs.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like

Just my 2 cents but if you travel to some far out, or even not so far out, places like I have then your 'SOFT' bag had better be real small. You are completely at the mercy of the gal or guy at the check in counter who just may say you can't carry that on the plane. I don't know about you but checking a soft camera bag with all sorts of camera gear would/could be a nightmare experience. So, small and smaller is best. If I have any doubts then I pack everything into a Pelican 1510. If I have to check it (and I have had to) then I slap on the two locks and pray..... but at least if it arrives at the destination all will be safe. If it doesn't then memories are the only images I will have. Paid up insurance also helps a lot.

Victor

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Victor,

I too also use the Pelican 1510 - a very subtle white one My Airport ultralight also fits in that case, plus you get a free traveling seat for those times when youre spending hours in a crowded terminal and there's no club lounge to hide in. A great lightweight combo.

P.s. I'm the Imelda Marcos of camera bags. I swear that they breed when I'm away.

Wayne - I really didn't need to see another compelling bag option vendor ... I may have to check them out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I just got my bag from photobackpacker.com,
    I really like it for my sinar Artec 3 lenses, db, and magnifier. Works great and what I like about it the most is that it looks like regular back pack, I have the Kelty pack
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Fox View Post
    For tech cameras, I'm looking into a setup from these guys, recommended by Mark Dubovoy

Steven Kornreich
    www.kuau.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by kuau View Post
    I just got my bag from photobackpacker.com,
    I really like it for my sinar Artec 3 lenses, db, and magnifier. Works great and what I like about it the most is that it looks like regular back pack, I have the Kelty pack
    Steven
    Would love to see Pictures
    wayne
    My gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wayne,
    I will post some pictures of my pack as soon as I get settled, I'm in the process of moving from park city to telluride this weekend.

Steven
    Steven Kornreich
    www.kuau.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wayne,
    I will post some pictures of my pack as soon as I get settled, I'm in the process of moving from park city to telluride this weekend.

Steven
    no problem, good luck with the move.
    wayne
    My gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by RodK View Post
    You guys should look at a Crumpler bag in the 'Celebrity c-list' series.
    The medium is 8-9"deep in the lower part. It easily takes my RM3di with DB installed and lens.
    The have a small and large as well. Also the interior is a light bright color which helps finding the odd
    small item loose in the bag.
    Great bag.
    Rod
    Rod introduced my to the Celebrity C-list backpack when we met here in NY, and for this I'm forever in debt to him. Here's a link: Crumpler C-list celebrity.

As a backpack it's very well designed - it rides securely on your back and I didn't find it a burden to carry for long distances. The straps can be reversed over the front of the pack making a compact package that could be checked. Entry is from the person side of the pack so it the other side the lies in the dirt when you access it. Very flexible, deep interior. I used one on my trip to Africa carrying my alpa, the back, 3 lenses, a gh2 and 3 lenses with a lot of room to spare. (On my outbound trips I try to carry anything I can't do without as carryon - all batteries, chargers, etc. - there was still room to spare). It could also handle my Max or a laptop.

For me it's too big to use as a day bag but I have at least a half dozen other options there.

Empty it's heavier than I prefer, but the tradeoff is very generous padding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here's the F-Stop Loka with large ICU. This'll hold the full outfit plus even the STC with spacer & 150mm lens & P40+ on it. The top section has lots of space for all the other junk.

STC, 24XL, 35XL, 47XL, 90HRW, SK150, spacer, Disto, loupe, plus top section holds Think Tank cable tidy bags with all of the other junk like viewfinder attachments, iPhone, blower, cables, CF cards, spare LCC card, meter etc etc and then still lots of room to spare.

photohagen

+1 for F-Stop Loka with large ICU. great bag! very well made packed with alpa max, a few lenses and a ton of bits and bobs. i keep db, a lens, viewfinder attached. i have another ICU at the ready packed with my hassy equipment.

rh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by photohagen View Post
    +1 for F-Stop Loka with large ICU. great bag! very well made packed with alpa max, a few lenses and a ton of bits and bobs.
    Just curious: Could you perhaps post a picture of the ICU, packed with the Max and the bits and bobs?

How does the combination Loka/ICU compare to the ThinkTank backpacks?

Currently, I use a ThinkTank Streetwalker Harddrive for the Max, 3 lenses and all the other stuff. It's great but, as soon as it gets heavy, I wouldn't say it's the most comfortable backpack I have used so far.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by photohagen View Post
    +1 for F-Stop Loka with large ICU. great bag! very well made packed with alpa max, a few lenses and a ton of bits and bobs. i keep db, a lens, viewfinder attached. i have another ICU at the ready packed with my hassy equipment.

rh
    I agree about the F-Stop backpacks. (I have the Tilopa with the large ICU.)In contrast to the backpacks offered by the major camera bag makers, the F-Stop backpacks are actually designed to function like real, technical backpacks that distribute the weight on your hips rather than your shoulders. Moreover, compare the weight of an empty F-Stop backpack with the bags made by, for example, Think Tank or Lowepro. I have a Think Tank Airport International that I roll through airports and carry on to the plane with me, but I would not think of using one of their bags in the field.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cly View Post
    How does the combination Loka/ICU compare to the ThinkTank backpacks?

Currently, I use a ThinkTank Streetwalker Harddrive for the Max, 3 lenses and all the other stuff. It's great but, as soon as it gets heavy, I wouldn't say it's the most comfortable backpack I have used so far.

Chris
    The ThinkTank bags are ok for short distances but essentially they are camera bags with straps on vs a true technical backpack. I have the Loka and it is a real backpack - light weight, very sturdy construction, distributes the weight extremely comfortably plus it has a shaped back to fit your spine and best of all it opens from the top side so you don't put the side you wear in the mud/dirt. With the ICU options you can use the same bag with different gear - I just ordered another large ICU for my DF outfit. Not that my Alpa kit is heavy but you really don't feel this thing when it's on you.

Btw, I'm also a big fan of the GuraGear bag too. It's not as comfortable as the F-Stop bag but it is an extremely versatile bag with the butterfly configuration. You can put a LOT of stuff in it without it really showing which is great for air travel. I took one of these that weighed nearly 45lbs to Africa with a full Nikon DSLR/long lens outfit in it. Luckily I didn't have it weighed at the gate (I'd have just had to carry on my D3s & 200-400VR over my shoulder before repacking!).

The biggest problem I find these days is that a lot of bags are just plain over padded. Even the Think Tank ones - and I have a herd of these too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I don't have an Alpa STC so I've avoided this thread. That said and FWIW, my Arca RM3D with lens and back mounted, grips and foot on, two other lenses, finder, LCC frame, Disto, batteries and charger, cards, cables, bulb blower, misc cleaning stuff, tools and color passport all fit into a Domke J1 shoulder bag. With a wrap, I'm sure I could get one more lens inside as well. It will also all easily fit into a TT Ultralight or Antidote backpack, and will also all fit into the TT Urban Disguise 60 computer bag. Hope that helps!

FWIW only,
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jack - I'd love to see a picture of how you have that J1 packed.

One of the challenges with the Alpa, for me at least, is that each lens has a square mount which means that they don't pack as efficiently as regular cylindrical lenses. It seems to eat up a lot of space necessitating a bigger bag than you'd expect for the amount of gear, particularly if you don't want to break it all down each time. Nothing new obviously I suppose as this has always been the way with LF lenses and outfits too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    Jack - I'd love to see a picture of how you have that J1 packed.

One of the challenges with the Alpa, for me at least, is that each lens has a square mount which means that they don't pack as efficiently as regular cylindrical lenses. It seems to eat up a lot of space necessitating a bigger bag than you'd expect for the amount of gear, particularly if you don't want to break it all down each time. Nothing new obviously I suppose as this has always been the way with LF lenses and outfits too.
    I'll snap it for you this evening when I get home. The square can be problematic. My advice is to do what I did with LF lenses on lensboards -- get rid of the dividers and use color-coded neoprene lens wraps. I also bought white male velcro, wrote the lens on it with sharpie, and then stuck it to the wrap as an identifier. Not a big issue with three lenses, but I often carried 5 or 6 lenses in my LF days and there were not that many distinct wrap colors.
    Jack

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    Victor,

Unfortunately the downside is that F-Stop gear is arguably harder to get than Leica lenses at the moment although the internal ICU storage bags are currently in stock today other than the extra large.
    You are so right...... There are no Loka bags anywhere

Victor

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here is the J1 as loaded per above:

Main compartment is the bucket with the dividers removed and has the RM3D with back, mounted lens, one-shot cable release all mounted, plus underneath it are a pair of gloves and a buff for colder weather and extra base padding. The outer bag itself is padded, so I remove the rear -- or side that rests against my body -- foam piece from the bucket to give a little more room inside the bucket -- this makes inserting and removing the assembled camera easier. The front and side bucket foams leaves the back well protected with two layers of foam, but could be removed for more room. The bucket dividers are then used to make the other compartments. Lens 1 is one lens, but with a wrap or spacer pad, I could stack and get two medium or smaller lenses in that slot. Ditto Lens 2, so theoretically I could get up to 5 lenses total in this bag. However, the 120 and longer Arca lenses also include a square extension adapter for the back, and those take up the top area space for one or possibly two lenses. Disto or finder can ride in the mid smaller compartment, LCC panel rides in the slot space between the main and lens compartments. All of these compartments are well padded and protected. Left pocket contains bulb blower, cleaning solution, pec pads, e-wipes and small charger plus 12V car cord. Right pocket contains ND and Polarizer filters and finder (or Disto). Left and Right pockets have removable, padded inserts, so good for lenses or fragile items with the inserts in place, or have a LOT more room for non-fragile items if the inserts are removed. Frt L (unpadded) contains cards, spare 2-shot cable for Phase, lens cloth and small brush, Frt R contains Passport Wht Bal, lenscaps and 3 spare Phase batteries. There is a top padded flap compartment on this bag and my small tool kit fits inside. Finally there is a rear unpadded slot compartment to this bag which will hold a book, papers, iPad or even my MacBook Air in a padded slip. Believe it or not, this all rides quite comfortably on my shoulder and is easy to work out of off the ground when in the field. If I were hiking more than a mile from the car, I probably use my TT Ultralight backpack or at least the optional Domke back-pack harness for this bag.

NOTE: I am hoping the hood will collapse enough to ride mounted on the camera in the main slot.

PS: I just flew international to the EU with this bag in this configuration, and it was considered a "personal item" and not a carry-on

Hope this helps!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here's the Crumpler Celebrity C-List loaded with my Alpa tech kit ready for travel. Note the Alpa Max in the computer sleeve in the cover. The TC, back and a lens are stored together. I take the finder off for travel, but it actually fits fine if I'm using the pack for quick access (from a car!). The pack has a keeper that wraps around the back so it doesn't flop around in transit. I keep all of the Alpa and tech small bits and pieces in a separate small bag that stuffed in the lower left of the main compartment. This is the kit (ex 120 and Max) that I traveled with very comfortably in Africa.

The color of the interior is at least part of the appeal to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the picture, Woody!

Is this the Celebrity M or is it the L? And is it really as heavy as they say on the webpage? (3.45 kg / 7.6 lbs for the M, 4.4 kg / 9.7 lbs for the L).

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cly View Post
    Thank you for the picture, Woody!

Is this the Celebrity M or is it the L? And is it really as heavy as they say on the webpage? (3.45 kg / 7.6 lbs for the M, 4.4 kg / 9.7 lbs for the L).

Chris
    Medium. Yes it's heavy. In the past in shopping for backpacks I've looked for something closer to 3.5 lbs than 3.5 kg. What you get for the weight is excellent padding, a semi-rigid back that is contoured to the shape of my back, and a very capable system os straps. In other words it really works as a backpack. At least for me. It's also relatively expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally took delivery of the Kiboko. Its a little larger than I would like but it is still way smaller than airline regulations and it holds everything with room to spare. I absolutely love the divided top sections.... instead of having one large flap that opens. Its heavier than advertised.... I don't know how they came up with the weight of under 4 pounds as mine weighs 5.45 pounds with dividers. That's 2.45 pounds heavier than the Lowepro 300 AW but the added room and versatility make up for the added weight. Total weight with all of my stuff is 18.45 pounds. I only weigh 130 pounds but I'm in pretty good shape (I walk 3 to 4 miles daily). So, I think the weight of the bag as a backpack for 2 to 3 hour treks should be doable. So far I'm happy

Victor

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Bag is a big issues, millions options out there, hehehe
    I am not like any of you as i am not having much gear, i have Lowepro 3 bags, and one Kata, and one Gura Gear, and 2 Hard case bags for my MF cameras [digital and films].
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like

I use a tamrac evolution 9 as it has a compartment in the top large enough for the camera with back and lens. The rest of the lens and accessories fit in small compartments on the lower half.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ed,

That Tamrac is quite the swiss army knife of camera bags! I don't think I've seen one with quite so many access and wear options in a single bag.

Btw, I have to recommend Tamrac's customer care - I had a waist belt clip come off one of my Tamrac bags when traveling and they sent me a complete buckle set for free, with absolutely no bother at all. Very helpful phone support and excellent service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Finally got around to getting my new Kelty / Photobackpacker setup.
    So far I am loving it and it looks like just a normal day backpack.
    Steven

Steven Kornreich
    www.kuau.com

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got around to getting my new Kelty / Photobackpacker setup.
    So far I am loving it and it looks like just a normal day backpack.
    Steven

Hiya, I can't make out those individual compartments, are they part of the Kelty bag or from somewhere else, they look absolutely perfect!

Thanks
    Po

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

They make the internal compartments, you pick out the back pack then give them the sizes of all your items. Works great
    Steven
    Steven Kornreich
    www.kuau.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

They make the internal compartments, you pick out the back pack then give them the sizes of all your items. Works great
    Steven
    What;s the empty weight?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I use a Think tank speed freak. Holds my Cambo ,lens and back and room to stack two lenses. Just did this with stacking the Rodie 32 and SK 43. Worked out very nicely. It's stiffer than a messenger bag but kind of like that for the tech came . Holds it shape for faster working

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Campbell View Post
    What;s the empty weight?
    Maybe 3 to 4 pounds max, very light
    Steven Kornreich
    www.kuau.com