The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

advice on a problem

danlindberg

I was at 1/125 with the studioflash but not faster, however, since I got live view going and the image on the computer was the same kind as a capture, I suppose that I can rule out shutter failure.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Really sounds like your getting some cross signal in the sensor since the images are coming in reversed like a negative that seems to be my best guess is there is a short in the circuitry somewhere in the chain and I don't think your lens or cable has anything to do with it. Everything in my mind points directly at a sensor issue.

You bought this from a Leaf dealer

BTW this is one time I hope I am wrong

danlindberg

Yes, from a Leaf dealer, but in another country from where I live. Actually I got the contact through Yair and the dealer/salesman has been very serviceminded and helpful. The distance is making it slightly difficult though...

I picked it up on Monday and in the shop we unpacked it and put it on a Mamiya 645 and shot 3 exposures and the images came up perfect on the display. Satisfied with this we packed it again and I went home to start shooting with my Alpa....

I am new to this, but it is not only me that is a little puzzled....

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
So it worked on a DF but not the Alpa. Hmmm

Okay not knowing leaf settings here. Is there some kind of latency thing in the settings to reset or something of that nature.

Yair,Doug can you just go from DF to dumb plate without a setting change

danlindberg

What I have been told is that on a dumb plate it is a must to choose "large format" to comunicate. I forgot this once and when set at Mamiya 645 it simply stays quiet when exposing. There is no signal coming through.

So, every capture realised has been with the large format setting. Could there be another "must" setting that I am missing?

Stefan Steib

Hi Dan

just a short try : go to your leaf backs setup - choose camera "other".
I had something like this happening on our HCam which normally works also with the view camera setting on the leaf back, it worked for maybe 10 images and then stopped. Putting the back to "Other" mode got everything working normally.

???
;-)
Greetings from Munich
Stefan Steib HCam.de

danlindberg

Thanks Stefan for the suggestion, but no improvement.

I couldn't sleep yesterday, my head spinning about this, and finally I came up with an idea that would eliminate many possible faults. I set it up for live view and did NOT connect the sync cable to the lens. This means that shutterproblem, signalproblem, sync cable problem and also sync cable input on DB problem was out of the picture! On top it eliminates the possibility of having all my CF cards making this happen.

The problem persists.

Does this confirm that I have been unlucky in getting a DB that is broken?

I cannot see that I have missed a "setting" that can produce this...here is a screenshot of my liveview window.

danlindberg

Pretty amazing handling! I went to Phase one HQ Tuesday morning with my back. The support guy told me after 2 captures that it was producing corrupted files and had to be repaired. This I had figured out ofcourse, but to my surprise it arrived this afternoon all fixed :D it took 2 days only! That is what I call service!!!! :)

Guess if I was eager to try it out :thumbup: unfortunately we had a dinnerinvitation and it gave me just about 20 minutes in the garden.....

I set it up for the tool shed and nailed the focus on the second try!

SK 35XL • 100iso • f8,5 • 1/60

I couldn't resist but bringing the camera to the dinner and show it to my friends :eek: and at the same time thinking of a nightshot on the way back home.....

SK 35XL • 100iso • f11 • 12 seconds

This is going to be a lot of fun :D:D:D