The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Who has minor scratches in you IQ?

Dan Santoso

Halo,

Just got back from my first trip with IQ in India. I notice some marks on my display although only clearly visible on an angle.

I wish they have protective cover or gorilla glass for a 40K+ toy.

I am disappointed, a nice phone's display have better resistant.:wtf:

Does anyone else have this?

Thanks,
Dan

Christopher

What are you seeing ? some marks which are scratches? Or some lines ? if you see the lines running through the full LCD, it is normal. They are the touchscreen lines. (i would guess)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I see lines no scratches. Would love a protective overlay of some sorts though. I have a iPad one that needs to be cut down to size but have not done it yet. Not sure I will , waiting for a precise one being made by someone. Might be a long wait

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I cut down a screen protector for a larger Samsung smart phone and it seems to work fine. It is anti-reflective, so does cut down on sharpness some, but I'll take the protection for that bit of loss...

vjbelle

I cut down a screen protector for a larger Samsung smart phone and it seems to work fine. It is anti-reflective, so does cut down on sharpness some, but I'll take the protection for that bit of loss...
That's exactly what I did and posted some time ago. Works like a charm and is very inexpensive. Your local ATT store will have a pack of three screens for a Samsung Captivate or similar phone for around Ten bucks. Highly recommended protection as these LCD screens will scratch easily.

Victor

Dan Santoso

I will get some protector thanks

So It seems I'm the only IQ's owner in the world that has scratched my LCD :)

I post here to make me feel better lol :)

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
I will get some protector thanks

So It seems I'm the only IQ's owner in the world that has scratched my LCD :)

I post here to make me feel better lol :)
Nope, mine seems to have picked up a few ...

I hate screen protectors ... a wonderful sharp screen that the first thing you do is make it less sharp. Unfortunately may be unavoidable with the IQ screen ...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Wayne,

I don't like screen protectors either, but I knew this screen would scratch, hence the phone sheets. But, I suspect most of the scratches occur when riding in the bag ----- so the other thought I had was making a cover out of a piece of lens-wrap cut to size and some small male velcro dots on the sides of the back to hold it in place. Of course I'd need to remove it and reinstall it before and after each use, which is a PITA too, but maybe the ideal compromise...

vjbelle

Nope, mine seems to have picked up a few ...

I hate screen protectors ... a wonderful sharp screen that the first thing you do is make it less sharp.
For me, the slight sharpness attenuation is acceptable. I use this incredible LCD screen to tell me where I am in focus. The slight sharpness decrease does not affect this ability. I also use a 3X loupe for all of my critical focusing and the screen protector has no affect on my ability to tell where I am in focus. This is, of course, how I do things and YMMV.

Victor

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Agreed, but it does look like soft contrast, so you have to really pay closer attention to edges and minute details to insure sharpness at 100% view. I still rely on focus mask as I find it more than accurate enough even for very large prints when set to a small enough tolerance.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well I went to AT&T and bought a Samsung phone cover and trimmed the one side off. Actually fits pretty good but it's a anti- glare one and it will work for now until I find something better. BTW install these things with back off body and no power.

fotografz

Wayne,

I don't like screen protectors either, but I knew this screen would scratch, hence the phone sheets. But, I suspect most of the scratches occur when riding in the bag ----- so the other thought I had was making a cover out of a piece of lens-wrap cut to size and some small male velcro dots on the sides of the back to hold it in place. Of course I'd need to remove it and reinstall it before and after each use, which is a PITA too, but maybe the ideal compromise...
Hey Jack, I protect my gear from bag chafing and rub marks by using a large micro cloth ... only a few bucks and work like a charm ... stuff slides in and out of the bag easier also. Any dust bits, just shake off the cloth.

-Marc

cs750

I received my screen protector for the IQ180 today and installed it a few minutes ago. Purchased from www.screenpatronus.com. This looks like a good product. I cannot see any noticeable loss of sharpness or loss of touch response from the back. It is quite thin, but appears to do the job nicely with two extra screen protectors if needed for re-application. I don't know who these people are, but would recommend their product highly for a fair price. Charles

Ebe

+1 for screen protectors from www.screenpatronus.com
Got it in 3 days, easy to install, thin, clear and no loss of touch response.
A good product -- should come standard with the back
when delivered from the factory.

neil

Took a look at the website for the screen protector. Does the screen protector come cut to the correct size for IQ back or you have to trim down. The website lets you enter any camera model/manufacturer. Did you have any problem with cleanly attaching without air bubbles. I always seem to make a mess when attaching screen covers.

Thanks

Neil

cs750

Neil, the screen protector from www.screenpatronus.com is cut to the correct size for the IQ180. I had absolutely no problem cleanly attaching without air bubbles and their directions are very good for assisting in the attachment. I guess they realize that despite good directions and easy attachment we can all mess up sometimes, so the fact they send three of them for the price is a very good thing for all of us who sometimes make a mess. I highly recommend their product based upon my experience. Charles

neil

Thanks, I am going to order the screen protector, seems good value as they include 3 sheets cut to the right size for the IQ back.

Has anyone else had problems with screen scratchs ?

I like to carry my camera/back everywhere I go and do not want to have to worry about scratching the screen.

Regards

Neil