The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Okay I'm in the tech cam world.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Back to cords for a second . I just happened to have two of these on hand. I am still getting a custom one made to try and fit through my grip , so I need a straight mini plug.

But you can use one of these as well along with the connector and wrap any extra around something . Its only 7.5 inches anyway but it works and have it on right now. May sell off a couple of these cords. I actually have to many options. LOL

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/552137-REG/Elinchrom_EL_11120_Sync_Cable_for_Skyport.html

So I set my back to turn off at 5 minutes as well and i can even go a minute if needed. I have a habit anyway of turning off my back when not shooting so it will feel pretty natural. I think a very good goal in shooting is getting everything set so your comfortable and not thinking about silly stuff like this in the field.

... I think a very good goal in shooting is getting everything set so your comfortable and not thinking about silly stuff like this in the field.
Guy, you're right, this may be the most key element. Moving from a field camera, a tech cam seemed pretty easy initially, but that was false security. Once I started focus stacking and stitching and possibly even exposure bracketing, it's easy to rack up 18 captures for a single image. it becomes madder than a basket full of frogs. You really can't afford to have to actually think whilst capturing.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Guy, you're right, this may be the most key element. Moving from a field camera, a tech cam seemed pretty easy initially, but that was false security. Once I started focus stacking and stitching and possibly even exposure bracketing, it's easy to rack up 18 captures for a single image. it becomes madder than a basket full of frogs. You really can't afford to have to actually think whilst capturing.
Hee hee, you forgot to add the LCC frames, blank separator frames and the inevitable DOH I forgot to set the exposure back after LCC frames ... :ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Exactly one reason I dumped the wake up cable in favor of zero latency. I can shoot much faster for all these things and you also forget to wake it up sometimes. PITA