The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D4 vs Cube

kdphotography

Does anyone know Which of the two RRS clamps fits the cube ?
the B2-40LR 1/4"-20 , or the B2-40LR with the M6 clamp ?
Thanks
Saty,

I don't recall the RRS clamp number, but RRS should be able to direct you here----or someone will chime in shortly.

BUT be aware that newer Cubes (stupidly imo) apparently use the strong version of loctite on the stock Arca Cube clamp, making it very difficult to remove. A directed heat gun and great care is required to remove the arca clamp in order to replace it with a RRS screw or RRS flip lock clamp.

Luckily for me I have one of the older (hence more desireable :ROTFL:) Cubes and can swap clamps easily. I've gone from stock arca cube clamp, to RRS screw clamp, and now back to the stock arca cube clamp... I'll probably end up with a RRS flip clamp with the CI in Carmel tour at the RRS facility in Feb 2014!

ken